New friends and the ball

Hermione and her mother walked into Puddifots tea shop with Narcissa as they discussed the last details for the event later on that night.

Pansy Parkinson, Astoria And Daphne Greengrass watched as the Gaunt walked into the shop. They eyed her carefully thinking of there next moves. Pansy the most outspoken of the group had walked towards the three women with her friends and directed her eyes upon Hermione.

"Hermione? We'd like to apologise to you for the things we have done over the years. I know after the war we settled everything but we'd also like to apologise for the things our family had put yours through. We are so sorry for calling you a mudblood and even if you aren't no longer one, we'd like to thank you for making us realise that blood status doesn't matter. We really are sorry." Pansy finished and casted her eyes downward.

Hermione was taken back by the apology from the three Slytherin's she had befriended Theodore Nott and Blaise Zabini whilst helping rebuild Hogwarts and had become civil with the three before her however she admired there courage now and decided to be the women her mother brought her up to be.

"Pansy, Astoria And Daphne I really appreciate the apology, thank you honestly it's lovely. For course I forgive you, we are friends and I hope you'll come tonight as your mother's are invited. I hope we can become closer over the next year." Hermione smiled as she poured her tea, Jean smiled at the gesture and invited the three to join them.

The Ball as Narcissa had called It was amazing, it was beautifully decorated in a nude and white style, everyone who was anyone had been invited from ministry officials to hermione's closet friends. Dress shopping with her girl friends was fun yet horrendous. Hermione hated girly things some times however she felt beautiful when she walked down the staircase with her friends.

Draco Malfoy was an arsehole, however over the war and this last year he deflated his ego and began to care for others. He smiled towards Hermione who he had secretly always admired however he could never admit as his father would of punished him. Yet he was going to use every opportunity he could to start a friendship. He watched the witch dance around the room with his best friend and admired his efforts to get her to speak to the Malfoy heir. However as Hermione began to approach him a chaos erupted.

"Hermione don't get near Malfoy he's a prick" Ron yelled

"Why can't I give him a chance?"

"Because of everything he did to us?"

"And what about everything the others did Ron? I've forgiven them I can forgive him"

"That's your issue Hermione, you are too forgiving. Your parents lied to you and you forgave them, the Slytherins bullied you yet you let them walk over you. You're a doormat hermione. Myself and Harry have used you for years but you don't see it! You are pathetic" Ron yelled into her face

"Ronald id like you to leave now" Hermione glared

"How about you grow up and stop being pathetic" Ron growled

"Right Weasley the women said leave, so leave now" Malfoy said as he walked towards them.

"Don't get involved Ferret" the ginger growled again as he pushed Malfoy into the fountain of chocolate.

"This suit cost a lot of money, now Weasley before I get even more mad leave." Draco snarled.

Ron left the house, and the party continued, Hermione glanced towards the Malfoy Heir and made her way towards him.

"Thank you Malfoy" she smiled before sending a scrouify towards him

"Thanks Granger" he winked

"It's Gaunt" she laughed loudly whilst putting her hair behind her ear

"Force of habit" he smiled and walked away with a smirk upon his face.