Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Have you ever loved someone too much for your own good?

That’s what almost everyone thinks about my love for my teddy bear. He is the cutest thing you’ll ever see.

His name is Teddy, real original I know, but I was five when I named him so what do you expect? He is not too big and not too small. I guess you can say he is medium size. He is all white and has innocent black eyes. Teddy is the best hugger you can ever meet. And he’s so fluffy! He’s always calm and listens to everything I tell him. He never tells anyone my secrets and he’s always next to me when I need him. It has always been like that.

“Adrianna let’s go!” I grimaced when I heard mom’s voice. She’s the only one who calls me Adrianna. Everyone calls me Ade. Adrianna’s just too girly.

We were going to meet our new neighbors. They just moved in. The window of my room and one of their rooms are practically glued together. But I didn’t know to whom the room belonged. I was going to find out now.

“Coming!” I screamed back. I put on a pair of light blue converse and checked myself in the mirror. My white shorts were not too short and didn’t make me look like a slut. My shirt was tight but not too tight. It was the same blue color of my converse. My smooth brown hair fell to my mid-back. Many people are jealous of my hair but I don’t find it very special. My eyes are naturally brown; the same color of my hair. I didn’t have any make-up on. I never do. Even though I’m seventeen years old, I still don’t like wearing make-up.  I am not against it or anything I’m just too lazy to put it on. Besides there’s nothing wrong with natural beauty, right? I’m not that beautiful, I’m a normal seventeen year old.

I kissed Teddy before laying him gently on my bed, “I’ll be back soon” I told him.

I trotted down the stairs and found my parents and brother waiting for me patiently by the door.

“Were you busy cleaning after Teddy?” Brian, my older brother, smirked.

“Ha-ha very funny.” I stuck my tongue out at him “At least he’s better than you.”

I know I’m childish. I like it that way. I still got a while before I should act mature so might as well enjoy it, right?

Life for people our age is just too simple and fun. Why not live it to the fullest? I, personally, don’t let anything get in my way.

“You can’t compare this beauty to Teddy!” Brian gaped at me, gesturing towards himself.

Brian had dirty blond hair that fell right above his colorful eyes. I swear his eyes change color! Sometimes they are green and at other times they are blue. He is tall, almost twice my size, since I’m a little too short. But I’m not complaining; I’m fine with it. He is well built and he is what you call a ‘hot’ guy; at least that what my best friend Ashley says.

So basically Brian got the good looks. I have brown eyes and brown hair. Plain and boring.

But I would never admit that to him or else I’ll boost up his ego, and I don’t think that’s humanly possible.

I snorted and he glared at me.

Whatever.

I honestly don’t care about what my brother thinks. He’s three years older than me. You’d think he’s all protective but actually he’s not. Just last week he told me, “Spend the night with someone Ade, it will help with your uptight behavior.” He also waggled his eyebrows while saying it. Ugh.