Chapter 11

Chapter 11

When I was done with the salad, I heard the front door close and footsteps running to where I was in the kitchen. I looked up and saw Brian coming in.

“Show me your fingers! Do you still have ten?!” he asked quickly starting to panic.

I rolled my eyes, lifting my hands up in front of him “I’m fine!”

He looked at every single finger before grinning widely, “I’m so proud of you!” He wiped away a fake tear.

“I’m proud of myself,” I puffed my chest out.

He chuckled before ruffling my hair and ordering a pizza.

My parents came home at 8:30 and we ate dinner together while talking about random things. When my parents started getting all lovey dovey, Brian and I made our escape. I went up to my room and changed into comfy shorts and one of Brian’s huge shirts.

I was walking to my bed when something hit me in the head. I blinked a few times not knowing what just happened. I looked at the floor next to me and saw a white ball. It was one of those small ones that hurt even though they’re tiny. You’re probably wondering where the hell that came from but I think I have an idea. I was proved right when I heard Lucas’s laughter. I went and sat on my window seat watching Lucas laughing hysterically. I scowled at him but he ignored me. He laughed and laughed till he had to stop to catch his breath.

“You’re face!” He managed to choke out while gasping for breath.

“Yeah yeah very funny. Now are you going to apologize or should I go hit you?” I asked.

“I’m not apologizing!” He huffed.

“Apologize!” I ordered.

“No”

“Yes”

“No”

I growled at him and jumped towards his window. He had fast reflexes because he jumped out of his window seat. I stood on his window seat glaring at him. He smirked and his eyes shone with amusement. I was going down from his window seat when I fell flat on my face, just like every other time.

“Dammit! Why do I always fall here?!” I shrieked.

“Cause you’re a klutz Anna,” Lucas said simply stifling a laugh.

“You. Apologize. Right. Now.” I ordered giving his my best glare.

“Okay okay calm down,” he backed away from me “I’m sorry,”

“Now say it like you mean it,” I ordered.

He sighed dramatically and spoke in an even more dramatic voice, “Anna I’m so sorry for throwing the ball at you. I was a stupid boy. That was the effect of boredom and maybe my mother’s soup. But that’s not the point. I’m so so so sorry Anna please forgive me.”

I felt a smile tug at my lips but I forced myself to stay serious. Stupid prick!

 “Whatever!” I huffed “I’m leaving.”

“No come on! Stay!” he whined.

“Stop whining! I’m tired,” I said making my way to his window seat.

 “Pretty please with a chocolate bar on top,” he stuck his bottom lip out.

I was trying to scowl but I couldn’t. Not with the look he had on his face. I bit my bottom lip to stop myself from laughing but when he batted his eyelashes, I couldn’t take it anymore. A small giggle escaped my lips then it was followed by a roar of laughter.