Chapter 14 (Re-Posted)

Chapter 14 (Re-posted)

Today was one of those days when I wake up angry for no reason. Of course, waking up early and not sleeping well were a part of my bad mood but the main reason was just not there. My family already knows when I wake up like that to not talk to me. They leave me alone for a couple of hours and I’ll be back to normal.

Brian silently placed a plate of pancakes in front of me at the table. I felt his gaze on me a few times but I didn’t say anything. He knew I was in a bad mood so he didn’t talk.

When I was done eating, I started walking to school. I didn’t bother waiting for Lucas to show up. But before I could get far, I heard his footsteps behind me.

“Were you leaving without me?” his voice was sad.

I wanted to snap at him but decided against it. I took deep breaths and simply ignored him. He didn’t say anything for the next two minutes but Lucas couldn’t keep his mouth shut for longer.

“Are you mad at me?” he asked.

I shook my head.

“Then why are you ignoring me?”

I didn’t utter a word.

“Anna-” he started again but I didn’t let him finish.

“Can’t you shut up?! You see I’m not in the mood so just shut up!” I finally snapped.

His eyes grew wide, “S-sorry” he stammered.

I didn’t say anything else, I just carried on walking. Few minutes passed before I heard Lucas chuckle.

“Why are you laughing?!” I was so mad right now.

“It’s just cute how you’re one of these people who wake up mad,” he answered.

“Cute?” I hissed “Do you want me to kill you right now?”

“Hey! Hey!” he raised his hands in surrender “Sorry.”

We were now at school so we won’t have to keep on arguing. We were late so the halls were almost deserted. I didn’t care because the teachers don’t punish the ‘smart students’.

I walked to my locker, taking my time and that’s when I heard voices.

“What are you gonna do about it nerd?” a guy’s voice echoed in the now empty halls.

“P-please let me g-go,” a boy’s voice said. I peeked from around the corner and saw a nerd-looking boy being bullied by a huge dude. I got even angrier than before.

“Hey you!” I screamed, moving to where they can both see me.

The bully turned around and raised an eyebrow at me questioningly.

He was at least twice my size and with a LOT of muscles. He could kill me in one swift movement.

“You leave him alone!” I exclaimed.

“Or else what?” he taunted.

“Oh you don’t want to get on my bad side,” I threatened in a low voice.

He walked closer to me till I could feel his breath on my face, “You’re cute,” he mocked.

I did the only thing I could; I kicked him where it hurts the most. He fell on the cold, dirty school floor, groaning in pain.

“You’re not cute. And stay away from me and from him,” I pointed to the nerd “Got it?”

He mumbled an agreement and I nodded in satisfaction. All the anger I was feeling this morning helped with the situation.