Chapter 19

Chapter 19

As soon as I opened the front door when I got home after school, I was met by mom’s excited squeals.

“I came up with the greatest idea for tonight!”

“Uh that’s great mom,” I smiled, trying to get excited like her.

“We are having a really huge family night,” she said.

I frowned, “What do you mean by ‘huge’?”

“I mean we’re having visitors,” she answered.

“And these visitors are?” I insisted.

“The Evans and Taylors,” she squealed.

“Really?” my eyes widened.

“Yes! Rose (Jackson’s mom) and I want to catch up and I thought about inviting the Taylors too so they could meet! So Jackson and Lucas will be here,” she was really excited and I was getting excited as well.

“That’s great mom!” I exclaimed “I’ll help you with dinner.”

What I meant with that is that I’ll help her clean and give her the stuff she needs. Other than that, I can’t do anything without burning the kitchen.

“Thank you sweetie but you should probably do your homework first.”

“Nah don’t worry about it, I’ll do it later,” I said as I walked behind her into the kitchen.

She didn’t protest anymore and we got to work. Brian and dad were watching some basketball game on T.V.

When we were done with dinner and preparing the table, I went up to my room to change. I put on a light blue summer dress (which mom forced me to wear). It fell mid-thigh and showed my curves. I honestly don’t like it because it makes me feel too girly but I didn’t want mom to get sad. She was looking forward to seeing me wear it so I did, just for her.

My hair fell perfectly down my back and I placed a light blue band in it.

I put on my light blue converse, which is the same color as the dress, just as the doorbell rang. You might think that wearing converse with a dress is ugly but sometimes they look good together, depending on the dress. And the one I’m wearing tonight looks perfect with my converse.

Mom was at the door, hugging Rose and they were both squealing like teenagers.

I rolled my eyes at them as Jackson walked in.

He was smiling but when he looked at me, his smile faded as he stared at me. Why was he staring at me like that?

I took that time to look at him, he was wearing a pair of blue jeans and a plain white shirt with its sleeves rolled up. He was looking quite hot.

I was done checking him out but he didn’t notice because his eyes were still staring at me. I squirmed under his gaze and he suddenly snapped out of it.

I raised an eyebrow at him questioningly and he uttered, “Y-you’re looking great.”

I noticed that his cheeks were a very light shade of pink. The Jackson Evans was blushing. I smirked to myself before thanking him. That’s when I heard the familiar voice of a little girl,

“Riana,” she exclaimed and suddenly two little hands were wrapped around my bare legs.

I smiled down at her and bent down, picking her up.