Chapter 37

Chapter 37

I jumped out of my seat and all but ran out of class. Math was that boring.

Suddenly, I felt strong arms wrap around my waist making me stumble backwards and bump into Lucas.

“Where do you think you’re going?” he whispered in my ear, making me shiver.

I turned around to face him. His arms were still wrapped tightly around me.

I looked into his beautiful blue eyes.

“Aren’t you going to kiss me?” he asked, amusement shining in his eyes.

“Nope I’m good,” I lied but made sure to keep a straight face.

He was surprised slightly, nonetheless he said, “You will cave in and kiss me soon.”

“We’ll see,” I smirked at him. I know it’s going to be hard for me but I will not cave in. He will.

He pulled me closer to him as his hands traveled up and down my back making me shiver slightly.

I narrowed my eyes at him and he gave me a challenging look. I didn’t care if we were late for class now.

I smirked at him and let my small fingers play with the top buttons of his shirt. I got the chance to feel his hard chest underneath it. I felt his breathing hitch and I smiled to myself.

My fingers lingered on his chest for another three seconds. I took my hand away and cleared my throat before purposely pushing myself even closer to him.

I heard his heartbeat accelerate due to the lack of space between us.

Two seconds later, he groaned loudly and pushed me up against the wall before kissing me hungrily. I kissed him back with just as much passion.

We finally pulled away, both of us slightly breathless. I still managed to give him a smug smile.

“I can’t help it,” he shrugged “My girlfriend’s just too hot.”

I blushed at his words and he kissed my now red cheek.

“Come on let’s go,” he said “I’m taking you on our first date.”

“Right now?” I asked him incredulously.

“Yeah,” he nodded as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

“But we have class,” I said stupidly.

He rolled his eyes at my dumb comment, “You’re smart Anna you’ll catch up. Besides it’s your birthday. You deserve a day off.”

I bit my lip at the thought of going out on my first date on my birthday especially since it is the day right after the accident…

As if reading my thoughts, Lucas spoke, “No Anna. You promised him, remember?”

I looked up at his blue eyes which softened.

“But-”

“No,” he shook his head again “We’re going.”

He was right.

I finally sighed and reluctantly followed him.

We walked a familiar path and I was hoping he wasn’t taking me there. Please don’t let him take me there.

He took me there.

I froze when I saw the huge purple and blue sign above the door ‘Ice Skating Arena’.