Chapter 31

Chapter 31

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I was wearing black skinny jeans and a white long-sleeved shirt that hugged my body perfectly. I removed the tie from my hair letting fall into waves on my shoulders. I smiled, satisfied with my appearance. I then grabbed Teddy and walked down the stairs.

I told Brian I was leaving before I walked the short distance to Jackson’s house. I thought about what he might be planning but I didn’t have any ideas.

It was just like the time when we were friends. I would spend all my days with him and we’d just have fun. I missed having him as a friend.

There’s a question that’s been running through my mind all day though. Do I love Jackson as a best friend like before or am I in love with him?

I quickly pushed the thought away. Of course I’m in love with him, right? If I think about Lucas more it doesn’t mean that I don’t love Jackson. I just think about Lucas because we had a fight. I’m just sad that he’s not my friend anymore. It’s perfectly normal.

And before you had a fight, my mind said.

Could it be possible? Did I think about him more that Jackson? I didn’t have time to analyze that because I got to Jackson’s house. I pushed all these confusing thoughts aside and kept them for later.

I knocked on the door of Jackson’s house and a few seconds passed before he opened the door, smiling like a kid.

“Hey,” he said as he hugged me and kissed the top of my head.

I smiled up at him and pulled Teddy in front of his face.

His grin widened as he looked at the teddy bear closely.

“You took good care of it,” he said “It’s still just like I remember it.”

I nodded my head, smiling slightly.

He led me to his room and I grinned as I went in. It was still the same. His room was blue and white too. But the blue in his room was a few shades darker than mine.

He walked to the wooden desk in his room and held something in his hands before turning around to face me with a smile.

When my eyes landed on what he was holding, they widened and I gasped.

“You still have it!” I squeaked and he chuckled lightly.

There, in his big hands was the red toy car I gave him for his seventh birthday. It was red with flames on both sides of it.

I remember how happy he was when he got it. He had an obsession with toy cars back then. And when I saw it in the toy store I knew that it was perfect for him.

“Of course I do. My best friend gave it to me on my seventh birthday,” he winked at me.

See? Best friend not girlfriend, my mind said and I ignored it once again.

I laughed as he set the car back where it was. He glanced at his watch quickly and said, “Let’s go.”

“Where to?” I asked and he grinned mischievously.

“You’ll see.”

“Tell me,” I demanded.

“Nope,” he smiled as we walked out of his house.

“You’re mean,” I pouted and he kissed my pouty lips.

“We’re gonna do several activities,” he said and I narrowed my eyes at him.