chapter 3

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Lily Rae shouts, running towards the guy standing at the fence of the paddock. He was leaning on it with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Thought I'd pay you a visit," the guy says, smiling an obviously fake smile.

"Why, so you can use me again?" Lily Rae growls out between clenched teeth.

The guy opens his mouth to say something, but when Lucy arrives at the scene, he raises an eyebrow. "And who's this?" He gestures to Lucy.

"This is Lucy," Lily Rae glances at Lucy, who bats her eyelashes at the guy. "Lucy, this is Jed, my. . . Ex."

"Pleasure to meet you, Jed," Lucy says, putting emphasis on the name.

"You, too," he smiles flirtatiously in Lucy's direction. He then turns to Lily Rae again, smile vanishing. "How's Bella?"

"That's It's a Bell, to you," Lily Rae mutters protectively. "And she's fine, thanks."

"Good, good. Hey, Lily, how about a race? I brought my horse, as you can probably see."

"Is that all you came here to do? To rub the fact that you're better than me in my face?"

"No, no! I just want a good, old-fashioned race! We never got to have one since. . ." He frowns.

Yeah. Their breakup. She knows.

But you know what? Screw it. She's going to do this, and she's going to win.

____________

Sorry this is such a short chapter!