Part 1

The next week had been the hardest times of Avian's life. He strived to keep alive every single minute of the day, scavenging for hours to find only a grain of food or a drop of water. His ribs began to show against his skin and his pelt began to loose its color. Avian thought each day that it would be the end for him, that he would awaken to the never ending blackness of death.

He would've accepted it anyway. If it had ever happened, he knew that he would at least be reunited with his parents again.

...His parents...

An empty pit in his heart formed after a while: A pit of loneliness. A longing for love carved into his emotions as he became even more depressed and abandoned each time the sun rose and set. He was forsaken, pitiable, and still, it seemed like the Pokemon have long before alienated him into the cruel world.

He needed love, and he needed it desperately.

Avian walked along the barren earthside like his father had instructed him to do so long ago. It seemed pointless now, but he had to find a group of Pokemon soon before his body finally gave in and collapsed. Soon too, the day was almost over and he didn't know how much longer he could last without food in his stomach. He reached a forest-like biome in which the barren earthside ended. Slowly, he limped to a medium-sized tree and spotted a small light blue berry poking out from its lush green leaves. The ragged Pokemon then heaved himself haggardly up the trunk, digging his claws into the bark. He hoisted himself up and reached for the closest branch which was a scrawny little piece of wood that didn't look sturdy enough for Avian's weight. Still he persisted, and with that, he came crashing to the ground unsuccessfully. The poor creature felt like he was going to cry any minute until a large Tranquill swooped down from the sky. She landed herself onto a higher branch and cooed softly in relief as she stretched her wings. Conveniently, she knocked the berry off of the branch and it fell swiftly to the ground, plopping itself next to Avian. A victorious smile creeped up on his face and he snatched the berry up from the ground.

But he hesitated, looking up at the hen. He knew she could attack at any moment if she saw that berry: It was survival of the fittest, and he was aware that he wasn't at his top condition at the time. He began to furtively near the light blue berry to to his mouth, eying the bird, and took a huge bite. As he chewed for a few moments, a bitter sensation filled his mouth. He coughed and gagged at the appalling taste, loud enough for the Tranquill to notice him. She stared for a few seconds and then chuckled somewhat mockingly. "Are you stupid or something?" she jeered. "That's a rawst berry! Those fruits are one of the bitterest berries of the forest! Didn't you know that, you Joltick-brain?" She followed up by laughing, and an abashing heat entered his cheeks. He threw the rotten-tasting berry over some bushes discontentedly and clenched his fists.

"I didn't know, okay?! Just stop!" he cried. The bird still snickered. "Stop it...!" Avian's voice cracked slightly, a feeling of  regret and shame washing over him. He should have known, he thought. He bit his lip with mental weakness to prevent the tears from slipping out. Just then, rage began to bubble within him. "SHUT UP!" he screamed. Little sparks of blue aura flashed from his body. The Tranquill tensed, flapping her wings.

"Sh! Shhh!" she squawked. "Keep it down!"

"No! Why would I?!" Avian's fiery spirit was bursting through him for the first time in ages. The Tranquill's feathers fluffed up.

"You don't get it! They will hear you!" she explained. "For all we know, they might've seen that berry you so foolishly threw!"

"They?" Avian echoed. She spread her wings.

"Ah, forget it. You're brain-dead enough for them to eat! Let them have you, but I'm out of here." She flapped her grey wings and took off into the air, gliding away from Avian. The poor Riolu stood frightened and confused at the Tranquill's words. Soon, his fur began to bristle. His aura sensors caught danger lurking nearby and he perked his ears up to be more alert.

It was completely quiet. Only the sound of the rustling trees could be heard through the area. Doubt and worry were the only feelings that Avian could feel. It was like time stood still, beckoning the suspense forward like bait in a trap. A trap for him.

Then it all happened at once.

At that moment, a lightning bolt struck the tree in front of him. Avian jerked back in shock and tripped onto his back. More bolts barraged the rest of the surrounding trees, lighting them on fire or burning them to a crisp. Electricity flashed everywhere right before the child's eyes, even his brain couldn't process through the bright lights. Afterwards, his head became light; his breathing was erratic and his ears started to ring. Blood was pounding through his body, fatiguing him quickly. He tried to fight back the shock, but because of his weak state, he already noticed the world darkening around him. Before he completely blacked out, he watched as three pairs of eyes started to approach him. Closer and closer.

Eyes that were unsettlingly familiar to him.