Chapter 5-Stupid Dads and Doctor Who Fans

Jimmy Jr.'s POV
"Welcome to the 9th annual Gala Festival dance contest!The 3rd place winner gets $25.The 2nd place winner gets $50 and a red bow tie!The first place winner gets $100 and a surprise with two choices!"

    "A surprise,"Tina said."That's pretty cool. And a red bow!"

    "I'm not taking second place,"I rolled my eyes. Why would I stoop down to that level?

    "You're not a Doctor Who fan.You don't understand the bow awesomeness."

    "Tina, really?"

    "Really."

    "Contestants signing, there are 3 slots left.You have 2 minutes to get down here."

    "Oh, shiznit."

    "Go then,"Tina shooed me.I shrugged and jogged to the signups area.There were already 17 people signed up.This should be good practice for the Nationals!

    "Hey, kid.I'm your dad's friend,"a tall man with a Gray growled with a low voice.

    "My dad has friends?"

    "Haha.Anyway, since you like dancing so much, I have something to tell you."

    "Okay.Tell me then."

    "I once was a young man with a dream to dance, much like you.But I was crushed, kid.Crushed.My heart crushed too.I suggest you don't get your hopes up, or don't try.You need talent to win that."

    I stared at him in disbelief."Well, maybe I will win because I have it and you don't.You're not in the place to tell me what to do and guilt me about it.If I lose, I'll get help from people close to me.I know that's probably a message from my dad."The man paled."Well tell him I have a message.I am going to win.And when I do, I'll remember how you and your friends treated me."With that I proceeded to turn on my heel and
reach Tina.

~~~

Should he believe that guy?What do you think will happen at the dance contest?