|Chapter 2|

Saturday

Anastasia's POV

Dad! Not again please. Last time you made carry all my bags down the stairs. Please not this time. What do you have these personal chauffeurs for?
Ugh! We are moving again. But this time dad said that its permanent since we will now be living on the sound. The most porsh area in Seattle. I think our house is right next to the Grey's.

Carrack Grey is dad's high school friend but then they lost touch after they each went to college. Yes. My father is The Raymond Steele. Owner of Steele Enterprises. And The Steele Iron Company. Bla Bla. This is how I have been taught to introduce my father growing up in an affluent household.

My mother died when I was 9 in a car accident. It completely ruined my dad and he gave his all to his business, making it successful as it is today. I am not supposed to brag about our money but when one loathes wealth and fame, you can't help but talk about it.

Alrighty Annie. My dad replies.
Call out to Alex and ask him to help you out.
Thank god. I page Alex and he comes running.
Yes Ms. Steele, how can I help you?

Alex! How many times do I tell you call me Ana. Ugh! You guys are so formal. My name is Ana not Ms. Steele. Now please help me carry these stupid bags downstairs into the car- the one I'll be sitting in. And please I do not want to sit with dad in his Bentlay. He talks business all the time.
Arrange the Audi for me please. Thank you.

Yes ma'am. He replies smirking, stressing on the ma'am.

I am a sophisticated girl who has been told not requested, told to never use swear words. But times like these makes me say all sorts of shit.

Asshole!

Annie? Did you just say that? Apologise now! As always.

Okay Dad. I'm sorry Alex that I called you an asshole. I walk towards him and whisper in his ear, even though you are one. Thanks for your help.
I giggle and walk down to the driveway where our fleet of cars stand tall.

Dad I'm going in another car. I do not want to hear your phone calls. Please?

Okay. But I will call Alex twice to check on you. It's going to take at least 2 hours to reach.

Kay Daddy! Thanks.
I hug my dad and sit in the Audi SUV.

----------------------------------------------

After the long and boring 2 hours of chatting with Alex and listening to music, we reached our new home.
Wow!!!! Oh my god daddy this place is so beautiful. I love it.

Isn't it? I knew you would like it.
He points to the house right next to us.
That is where the Grey's live. They have two sons and a daughter who is as old as you. Their middle son is a year older and the eldest one is starting college after the summer. He is going to move out soon. I hope you make friends with them.

Dad! I do not need to know their entire history. It's okay. I'll meet them soon and get to know them.

I was looking around when I saw a boy on the Grey's balcony. Oh My God. He is so hot. But unfortunately I am not allowed to think like that about boys. He looked towards me and our eyes met. We were just gazing at each other when dad called out.

Annie! What are you doing looking up at the sky? Come on now. Help me. Your Daddy is getting old.

Ha ha dad. Don't make excuses you are just 43. That's not very old.

I take a glance back at the balcony and he is no longer there. Shoot! I wonder if he is one of their sons. Oh I hope so. I want to meet him face to face. Ahhhhh!!...I have never felt this way before.

As we were walking towards the main gate. A few people came out of the Grey's house. There were three children and a woman. Probably Mrs. Grey. And he is there too. He might be the middle child- a year older. C'est Parfáit.

Yes I speak French. And Spanish. I love to read and linguistics is my fascination. I think I will take that course in college.

Dad and I walk towards them and another man arrives from their door. Hmm..Carrick Grey?

Ray! Long time. I'm so glad you called me and asked for my help. Now we can reconnect.

Grey. Yes, that is for sure. May I introduce you to my daughter, Anastasia.

My my. You are one beautiful girl.
Mr. Grey extends his hand to meet with mine.

Thank you Mr. Grey.

Oh please. Call me Carrick. Your father has sure taught you his formal ways. Well this is my family- Grace, my wife, my eldest son- Elliot, my younger son Christian and my youngest daughter Mia.

Christian. Such a nice name. I shake my hands with them all and Mia engages me in a conversation. We realise that all of us are attending the same school. Braven High. She tells me that Christian is joining from Monday just like me because he got expelled from his former school as he got into a fight with someone leading to a broken nose.

Oh dear. The aggressive type. I hate such guys but something tells me that in reality he is not like that. The connection I felt with him with that skin contact of our hands and the depth in grey eyes. I could see his pain, a life full of secrets. I hope we can be friends or maybe more. Ana! Stop thinks ng like that. He probably has a girlfriend.

Mia volunteers to show me around school on Monday and we decide to meet tomorrow which is a Sunday so Mia can introduce me to her friends who are coming to her house.

I hope Christian is there as well. Mia said he is hardly ever at home. She said he works at the Lincoln's yard. Elena Lincoln is Mrs. Grey's friend. Why do I feel that there is a story here.

I bid Mia goodbye promising to come tomorrow.

----------------------------------------------

Hi guys
Next chapter Christians PoV for
Ana. Will update soon!
-Mrs.G