1; The Girl With The Ocean Hair

It was an average day in the city of Clarines, except today, Izana was headed out to a village to create a contract with about it allowing his ships into their docks. His ships that imported goods, that is. Izana walked out of the gates, noticing a pair of females who were passing by ogle him as he passed them and enter his golden rimmed carriage. For most of the time the road was smooth, but it became bumpy at other moments, making Izana slightly wince every time he bounced in his seat. He looked out the window. It was all green flat land, not a house in sight. Looking bit further ahead, he saw a village appear, along with a striking blue sea.

He sat back in his cushioned seat, sighing. He felt his chest clench. He got a feeling. Something was going to happen. Something that may change his life.

------

Izana stepped out of his ride and was greeted by the village elder. "Welcome to our village, Lord Izana," the old man bowed his head slowly. "It is a pleasure having you come here. Please, feel free to explore. Though, there isn't much to see here."

Izana held up a hand and gave a slight smile. "Actually, there is some things I'd like to see before we begin, thank you."

The elder nodded his head with a smile, his wrinkles deepening. He turned and looked at all the faces around them. It seemed as if the entire village was here, but he didn't see one specific person. He waved a young woman over, making Izana slightly curious.

"Yes?" The woman asked.

"Where is she? I thought I told her to attend today," the man frowned with a saddened look upon his face.

"Now that I think about it, I haven't seen her. Would you like me to find her?"

"No, no, its perfectly fine," the man patted the woman's shoulder and turned back to Izana. "Oh, that was about a girl in he village, nothing that bad," he said, spotting Izana's curious gaze. "Anyways, what is it you would like to see? Would you like me or someone to escort you?"

"No, its perfectly fine. I just want to take a walk around for a bit, if that's alright with you," Izana said.

"Oh, alright. If you ever need any help finding anything--which I don't think you will--the villagers are always around," the old man said. "I hope to see you in the main house when the sun sets, or whatever time you'll be ready."

The first prince nodded his head and made his way through the crowd.

-------

The sun began to set, letting hues of orange, red, and yellow mend together in the sky. After Izana explored the entirety of the village, he had one place left to go to. He walked down the stone path to the ocean, his boots clacking at every step he took. Finally, he made it to the dock, his eyes taking in the beautiful sight. Then, out of the corner of his eye, he saw something blue like the ocean, flowing in the wind.

-------

Umi sat there, reading her book. The time of day--or should you say night--was perfect for reading. The sun gave just enough light for her to see the words on the pages. Reading the last line, she sighed in contempt, smiling slightly. She heard the sound of shoes approaching so she turned to see who it was. A man who seemed to be around her age with shoulder length blond hair and light blue eyes, wearing a  black long-sleeved collared shirt, a vest with ornate patterns along its edge and light-coloured pants. He carried a sword, and he wore a jacket that draped over his shoulders. "Sorry, am I interrupting?" He asked.

Umi shook her head and stood from the bench, holding the leather book in both hands in front of her. "No, I was just leaving, anyways." She spoke so quietly it sounded almost like a whisper. She walked around the bench and glanced one time at the attractive man before walking away.

Before she got ten steps she heard him. "Hey, what is your name?" He asked and approached her.

she looked at him as he stood beside her. She was just as tall as his shoulder so she had to look up. "Umi," she said in a hushed tone.

"Umi...?" He pushed on to see if she had a surname.

"Umi," she said and turned to leave once again.

"Wait!" He called and stood beside her once again, looking down at her book. She noticed this and held it up.

"Bearskin," she said.

"This is a good book. Where did you get it?" He asked.

"The library. Have you read this?" She asked him his time.

"Yeah, I was just a child though. My parents wouldn't let me read such books. They said I was immature." He had a tint of sadness in his voice.

She tilted her head to the side. "What is your name?"

"Izana Wistaria."

"Hm," she turned again and began to walk. "Never heard of the name, even though you dress like a noble," she quickly said.

------------

Izana stared at her as she walked away from him. That was a first; no woman had walked away from him like she had, not to mention not knowing who he was. It was official. She had peaked his interest in her.

----

Lol, sorry for any mistakes.

FOLLOW MY INSTAGRAM

ttorriia

ye its my main but I'm desperate