21; The Lessons

•••Umi's POV•••

"So, Shira," I started, "how are those lessons going?"

She sighed and hung her head. "Horribly. I keep stepping on the dance teachers feet."

I giggled. "Poor you--I feel bad."

"You're joining me to go to Tanbarun, right? So why aren't you practicing?" she asked me.

I coughed into my hand. "Well, that would be because...I keep running away from the teachers."

"What?" she gasped. "Umi, you have to learn how to dance. It's a ball after all..."

I chortled. "I think I'll be fine. I do know a bit about dancing, and I don't really want to dance with anyone when I'm there," I explained. 'I'll probably linger in the back of the room, eating whatever they serve."

She gave me a deadpanned look. "That does sound like you."

I nodded and clapped my hands together. "My brother and sister are also probably going to be there."

"Isn't your sister going to come here?" Shirayuki asked and I nodded.

"Today, actually," I beamed. "Hopefully soon--it's been a while since I've seen her."

Shirayuki smiled at me and nodded. "I kind of want to see her, myself.'

"Oh, I'll introduce you to her," I grabber her hands in mine. "You'd love her!"

She nodded and someone approached us. "Miss Shirayuki, it's time for your lessons," they said and Shirayuki nodded and turned to me.

"I'll see you later, Umi," she said and headed away, me waving to her retreating form.

I exhaled and looked up at the sky. It was so pretty~
"Miss Umi!" someone called and I shivered. "You have lessons to attend to!"

I slowly turned to see one of the maids calling out to me from the doorway leading inside to the castle. I turned my back from her and bolted away, ignoring her calls. I panted as I hid behind a tree around a corner and waited for a minute or so to catch my breath.

After a while, I went inside to relax for a while and wait for when Milliana arrives. I walked down the hallway towards the way to the front gates with a small smile on my face, but I was looking around sharply for that maid from earlier.

I waltzed down a set of stairs when someone hollered to me from the bottom of the staircase. "Umi!" they exclaimed and I smiled.

"Milliana!" I ran down and hugged her. "Been a while," I chuckled.

"Indeed," she said and backed away. She sighed happily, "So how have you been?"

"Pretty good. Wheres Alhe?" I asked.

"He's sick, actually. He told me to give you this, though," she looked at a servant behind her and they walked up to me, handing me a letter.

I took it and stared at the envelope. I opened it and read.

Dear Umi,

Sorry I couldn't be there to see you because sis wouldn't let me get out of bed because I'm sick and all.
Not much has happened since we last saw you, other than sis exclaiming to the entire country that her little sister was back. She was just so thrilled to know that you were alive, I was, and still am, thrilled to the core.
I'm the worst at writing letters, so this'll probably be all that I'll write, but I do have a question. Are you and the first prince together yet?
This'll sound weird, but you will both make beautiful babies.
Okay that was just really weird--I'm sorry! Just your friendly little brother talking crap.

Love, Alhe.

I closed the envelope with a smile, my cheeks pink from what he said about me and Izana having babies. Milliana looked over my shoulder, "What does it say?"

I closed the letter and shoved it into my pocket. "Nothing!"

She laughed and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, her other hand on her hip. "Oh, come on! Let big sis see what it says!" She grinned.

"Nope!" I shook my head as she laughed.

"Fine, fine. I'll let you off this one time," she said.

I took this chance to change the topic. "Are you going to the ball in Tanbarun?"

She blinked. "Yeah, why?"

I exhaled, relieved. "That's good--I'll be going as well."

"What?" She beamed. "Really?"

I nodded and she squeezed me in a hug. "That's great--I won't be alone!"

I chuckled at her and there was the sound of someone clearing their voice behind us. "Welcome, Queen Milliana."

"Izana, how long have you been there?" I smiled broadly.

"I just arrived," he said, eyes soft as he looked down at me.

Milliana snickered into the palm of her hand and elbowed me lightly. "I see what's going on here and I like it."

I jump at those words, a bit scared of how she said it. "O-Okay..."

Izana chuckled hesitantly. "Why don't we take this somewhere else?"

"Yeah," I agree and walk with Milliana behind him as he lead us to another room. I was aware of Milliana who continued to snicker.
"I knew it," she said under her breath with a smile.

We walked into a room that just seemed very average; it had two couches facing each other and a low table between them.

•3rd Person POV•

Izana sat down and the two others sat across from him. Milliana looked at him and spoke, "It is a pleasure to meet you again, prince Izana."

"Likewise," he said back.

"So," she gave a side glance to Umi, "have you kissed?"

Umi choked on nothing in particular, other than the sudden unforseen question that came out of her sisters mouth. Izana sat back a little at that and looked at Umi.

"Umi?" Milliana looked at her sister who only nodded as a sister. Milliana gushed at her confession. "Aw~"

Umi looked at Izana, hoping he'd save her from this. He got the message and turned to the queen. "I have my suspicion that you didn't come here to only see Umi."

Milliana hesitated, then lost her smile. "Yes, that's correct," she sighed. "I didn't only come here to visit my sister until after I heard she is going to the ball in Tanbarun about five minutes ago. There has been a group just outside my country's perimeter causing strange activity. And the neighboring country is, of course, Tanbarun."

Izana took note of this. "Do you know what they're called?"

"Lions of The Mountains. I'm not afraid of them entering into my country's domain, since they have already entered into Tanbarun's and they have been there for perhaps years. I will be guarded, but Umi will not, I know."

Izana looked at Umi. "I will have a few men to attend the ball with her."

Umi nodded. "Sounds good to me," she agreed. "I don't want to not go to the ball, so I'm good with that."

Izana and Milliana watched as she shone with joy and excitement. "Are you sure you want to go, even if it means that you'll be put in danger? That's just crazy, Umi!" her sister said.

"I'll be fine, Milliana," she reassured her. "Don't worry."

But Izana was actually very worried about what could happen to her.

•••

There's another chapter for y'all.
Now I'll just disappear and watch Bob's Burgers or something.