5; The Wonderful Feeling

JUST SAYIN, it's been like months since I've watched Akagami no Shirayuki-hime and I forget everything.

So, don't blame me if I get his personality off (and I will, LIKE OMG HES GONNA BE TOO 'ooc' or something, whatever those fanfiction writers say) blame my amazingness.

It was day, the sun glaring at the world below. The inhabitants of the carriage were wide awake. Izana occasionally attempted to strike a conversation with her, but each time Umi either gave a blunt and short reply or said nothing. It made Izana sigh countless times, but that didn't stop him. Eventually, she snapped her eyes to him after several conversations starters from him in the last hour.

"Izana, why do you want to help me?" She asked in a quiet tone. "You could've just left me instead of bringing me along with you."

He paused. "I suppose it was because...well, you are very interesting, Umi. I have yet to meet a woman like yourself. And perhaps it was because it wouldn't be right for a man to leave a woman and her dog in the middle of nowhere."

Umi nodded her head. "What do you mean by 'interesting'?"

He rubbed his chin. "I'm not so sure," he shrugged.

"I see." She mumbled and looked down at Ein. Her and the dogs stomachs growled, and in sync, they both turn and face Izana. "I'm hungry." She said.

"Sorry, but I currently don't have any food at the moment. We'll be arriving at the castle soon, anyways." He answered.

Ein, being the sassy dog he is, growled and quickly turned his closed eyed face away from Izana. Umi pet his head with a nod, a sign that she understood him at that moment. "How long until we arrive?"

"Not very long I presume. Perhaps an hour at best."

She nodded again. She didn't like having to speak so much unless necessary. Most of what she had said was necessary, she thought. She had spoken enough for now. The prince didn't seem like a bad guy, but she knew better than to judge a person by appearances. That's what she was basically taught when she was younger. (As if I'd tell you ;3) Besides, she thought, tragedy always strikes when I get close to someone...

---------

His assumption was right, it did take an hour until they arrived at the castle. Izana could see the shine in Umi's eyes. When he saw the slight amazement in her eyes and the small genuine smile, he couldn't help but feel accomplished by that. He was, though, slightly disappointed that he had forgotten to bring food, well, he would've if he had known that he'd have guests riding along with him.

They passed through the palace gates, Ein yipping in excitement of being in a new place. The ride came to a stop and a man opened the door, a servant. Izana took the first steps out, stretching, then he turned around and held a hand out to Umi.

She eyed his extended hand. Ignoring it, she stepped out herself, Ein following behind. The Corgi began to bark and run around--practically confusing and annoying people all around. "I need food," was all she said when she stopped by Izana's side.

"Of course," he answered. "Follow me, Umi." He smiled and walked inside, servants opening the door for him. Ein and Umi followed behind in silence. Izana noticed that. "You're quiet."

Umi didn't answer but trotted up beside him. She kept her head down, and in a whisper, she said, "I'm just not comfortable."

Izana smiled. "I understand," he said. "It's a new place—a castle, at that."

"It's a little overwhelming."

"I would think so," he said and a silence swept over them. "I believe my brother is out at the moment, it would be nice if you met him."

"Brother?"

"Yes. Zen, the second prince of Clarines." There was a long silence after that. Umi didn't want to talk, Izana could see that, but he wondered why she talked to him so much. Her grandfather said that she didn't speak at all to him, yet she speaks frequently to him. Mostly when he starts a conversation or a question she would answer, but still. It seems she speaks more to him that her own family.

Izana looked down at her and said, "I have to ask—"

Just at the perfect moment, her stomach made a loud growl that echoed throughout the room. Umi's face grew red, as red as an apple and she looked down. Izana laughed. "The question can wait until later then! Off to the kitchen, we go."

Umi nodded quickly.

"Are you sure you only want bread, Umi?" Izana asked, sweatdropping at what she was doing.

With her arms full of loafs of bread and some in her mouth, she nodded and chewed down on the food in her mouth without using her hands (because she couldn't, duh. lol)

Izana nodded, hesitantly. "So be it. I'll have someone escort you to a place nearby where you can stay. And from there, you can come to the castle and me or someone else will show you to the library," he explained.

"Mm," Umi nodded, chewing the last piece of bread in her mouth then she swallowed (OH SHE SWALLOWED GUD  RIGHT DOWN HER THROA--I'm sorry)

"I can deal with that," she finally spoke, though silently. She gave a smile as her blue hair glittered in the sunlight that snuck in through the large window beside her.

Izana smiled back. At that moment he felt it. It was as if bricks were being weighed onto his chest. It didn't hurt, it was more like he was excited, anxious, awaiting for something to happen. It was a new, wonderful feeling.

He wanted to keep feeling that satisfying crushing feeling on his chest.

---

Sorry for any mistakes because I know I made some.