Chapter 6 - Decisions

Chapter 6

Decisions

Mizuki's POV

It was such a pain finding the scroll. The tower had at least twenty floors and we did not know where it was. The first thing we did was set up the perfect plan, us three going in from the window in fifth floor and then catch the first guard we find. We will then try to get information out of him. After that we will go to the location where the scroll is all three of us.

We found out that in a situation like this, it is better to be together than scattered, because we are only looking for one scroll, and the people aren't that strong. If we scatter, we can loose each other and it wouldn't be helping much with the mission.

Sasori still glances at me sometimes. This made me kind of irritated, he didn't have to look after me as if I was a baby. I am old enough to look after myself, seriously. He still thinks I am that little girl who easily was brought down. No I am no longer like that.

I've practiced. I've tried. I've worked hard and always had this aim in my heart. I wanted to find him and be with him, make him understand.

He's got to understand that I've changed.

The first person we caught was a maid that was going to wash some clothes. She had a big basket with lots of clothes in her hand and she looked old enough to retire. Her back was a little hunched and she herself looked too old for these jobs. Still she did them.

She was the perfect victim. She was old and afraid, she would easily give us the information so that we can find the scroll.

Deidara easily pushed her against a wall asking her where the scroll was. The strange thing was that she didn't tell us. She said she was too old anyways, so she wouldn't mind dying. What a thing to say at a time like this. She was just about to yell, alarming everyone about our presence when Sasori sliced her throat with a senbon. Perfect timing, as always.

He still has that technique with being smart and quick, doing things with determination and choosing the right decision in a badly fitted surrounding with time pressure. He did this before, on that mission as well, but that was a wrong decision done too quickly.

Or maybe it was my own fault. I should have understood.