Chapter 7- Sleepless

Chapter 7

Sleepless

Mizuki's POV

My feets couldn't take it any longer. They could break together anytime. I didn't know how much longer I could bear, maybe a mile, maybe just some steps. Every step I took used great amount of my energy, I felt exhausted. We haven't slept for a whole day and now we were heading straight back to the hide out.

I tried to gather my energy by looking at the wonderful landscape, roses. White roses, so pure and clean, reminding me of peace. Yellow roses happily facing the sun, smiling warmly. Orange roses full of feelings, cute and energic. Blue roses, looking deep in thought with lots of past. Pink roses looking cute and sweet.

Then. The red roses. To others, they would say it symbolizes love. Or anger? To me, it symbolized only one thing: Blood.

Blood and war and fights. Kantanas and other weapons. People slicing each other, punches and kicks. Killing each other without a second thought, warm blood spilled on the roses, dying them red as the blood has all ran out from the body, leaving it white and cold. The warmth of blood making the rose blossom.

I shivered at that thought. It was... Scary.

Sasori was walking in front of me, not even bothering to look or care about me. He used to say that he couldn't care less, and I didn't believe him. Before that time. I finally believed what he said, I would not get a single drop of tear from his eyes if I died.

I closed my eyes for a while to try focus and gather more force to push myself forward. My chakra was running very low. First, I opened my eyes, but found it was better to shut them again. More pleasant. Then I opened them again, knowing this was the start of a slumber, but couldn't help but close them once again to find the feeling of relax. More and more, I closed my eyes for longer times, till I couldn't open them once again. They felt too heavy, the eyelids.

And I felt too tired.