On A Rescue Mission

As the sun began to rise again, we decided to make a move out. It took only a few hours before we finally arrived at the land covered in sand. Naruto seemed glad to finally be near our destination and so did the others. We began walking across the desert and the further we got, the more time passed and the quicker the weather seemed to change. The sunny sky turned to darker and the calm breeze turned into a violent wave. Our hair whipped around us and our heads were tilted down to stop the sand from going in our faces. Temari spotted a cave and we all filed in quickly to escape the sand storm. It was dangerous at night in this place and so we would take shelter till morning. Naruto didn't seem too pleased by this news at all.
"Here we're so close to the Hidden Village of the Sand. I can't just sit around waiting!" Naruto complained angrily.
"Naruto, I told you not to lose your patience." Kakashi moved forward, a hand on his shoulder to stop Naruto from trying to run out into the storm.
"Be patient. Right now, Temari is the one who's most anxious." Sakura scolded from her position next to Temari.
"The ironclad rule is to stay put right here if you encounter a sandstorm." Temari informed us, sounding rather calm. "Otherwise you lose your sense of direction. We often hear of people dying of dehydration after getting lost in the desert. It'll be ok. A sandstorm around this time of year shouldn't last long." Even with Temari's words, Naruto's patience still seemed to be wearing quite thin and it showed easily. Coming up behind him, I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him against me to keep him still.
"Behave yourself Naruto. After all, if Temari says it'll be fine, then you've gotta believe it'll be fine. We'll save him soon enough, so keep your head cool and stop being impatient." I sighed, feeling a little impatient myself to get out of this cave. Temari gave me a smile which I returned, and I saw Sakura watching me happily. She seemed to be pleased with the way I was reverting back to how I used to interact with them.

Once the storm had passed, we all rushed out of the cave and followed Temari in the direction of the village. Naruto seemed to be extra energetic so he was ahead of us but just behind Temari so she could lead us to our destination. The sun rose as we raced across the sand, trying to make it to the village in time. Soon enough we could see our destination and I felt my energy increase. Shinobi from Temari's village spotted us as we ran towards them and seemed eager to welcome us.
"We've been expecting you." One of them said. "So you were with them Temari-san. Please come this way." All seven of us ran quickly through the village as the shinobi informed us of the importance of our arrival. Not only had Gaara been kidnapped, but Temari's other brother, Kankuro, had been poisoned and was in a dire state.
"Let's hurry, Temari-san. I'll take a look at him." Sakura announced.
"I'll help as well, I know quite a bit to do with this healing stuff. After all, I've had my own fair amount of poison injected into me." I chuckled darkly.

We arrived at the treatment room, and while Temari, Sakura and I ran straight to the guy laying on the bed, an old lady raced towards papa. Before she could reach him however, I leapt back and landed in front of her, grabbing her wrist and pinning her against the wall with her arm behind her back.
"Why the hell are you attacking Kakashi-sensei you wrinkly old woman?" Naruto demanded.
"Konoha's white fang! How dare you, you wretched scum?" The old woman spat out. White Fang? Wasn't that what Kakashi's father was known as? Oh! She must've confused the two of them. Letting her go, I began to laugh maniacally. People's eyes switched to me and were very worried about how I was laughing so hard. Kakashi explained how he wasn't the white fang and was instead his son which seemed to surprise the old woman while I was now rolling on the floor with laughter. Naruto walked up to me and looked down worriedly.
"Uh..... Tsukiko? Are you ok?" He asked, concerned for my mentality.
"I'm..... fine..... stupid woman....... thought he...... was..... the white fang.....!" I got out between laughing. The woman glared at me but ignored my presence nonetheless. Stupid old wrinkle head.

A groan and cry of pain came from the writhing Kankuro who seemed to be clutching his throat. Jumping up, I strolled over to check on him. Putting a hand on his forehead, it seemed quite hot and covered in sweat.
"I'll take a look at him." Sakura stated as she tied her hair up and came over to Kankuro's side. Everyone else except the medics left and I stayed behind as well. Sakura began checking his eyes and the rest of him while Temari stood at the foot of the table, her eyes settled on her brother with fear and worry evident in them. Walking over to her, I rested a hand on her shoulder and gave her a comforting smile.
"You know, there is a way that I can save him." I announced with a shrug. All eyes turned to me alarmed and surprised.
"How's that?" Temari asked desperately.
"By shifting the symptoms and poison into myself." My voice showed how unafraid I was by the idea. It was better if I suffered than him, right?
"No!" Kakashi exclaimed, along with Naruto.
"What if you die instead?" Naruto shouted angrily.
"Then at least somebody else survived?" I shrugged nonchalantly. "I have more of a resistance to poison anyway. He won't be completely cured but at least it will take some of the danger off of him and onto me instead. I'll be fine anyway so it shouldn't matter. Just let me do it." Temari and the other Sand ninja's looked tempted to accept the offer to save Kankuro, but I knew my team wouldn't allow me to. "Oh, for kami's sake." I sighed, racing forwards and placing a hand on Kankuro's chest. Immediately I began to force my chakra into his body causing him to lurch forward but I pushed him back down. Black stuff began to rise from his body and enter into my own, causing a coldness to rush through my veins.
"Stop it!" Sakura cried out to me. Ignoring her words, I focused on taking the poison out of him and into my own body instead. It didn't take long before most of the poison had infused itself into my blood and I began to feel pain throughout my entire body. Giving them a soft smile, my eyes began to be clouded by black spots before I passed out beside the table.

3rd Person View

Tsukiko collapsed to the floor and her body began to shake like Kankuro's had done before. Kankuro was now calmer than he had been and everyone was silent for a few moments before Naruto lurched forward and knelt down next to Tsukiko's body. He picked her up and placed her head in his lap.
"Tsukiko, why the hell did you do that?" Naruto demanded, his voice strained with panic and fear for his good friend. He couldn't afford to lose her! Temari stood staring down at the strange girls body, not quite able to understand why she would go so far for somebody she never even knew. What kind of ninja was this girl and why did she have a better resistance to poison than anyone else here? These kind of questions passed between each person as they became confused as to why the girl did what she did to save Kankuro's life.
"Hurry, put her up next to Kankuro." Sakura commanded, taking lead role in this situation. Naruto picked Tsukiko up carefully and after moving Kankuro slightly, placed her down beside him. Sakura ordered people to get her a bowl of water and to hold down each person's body as she began to get to work, infusing her chakra into the water as she first started with Kankuro. Pushing the water into the body, she began to collect the poison into the water, drawing it out of the blood stream and then taking it out of the body.

This procedure took a couple hours to do before Sakura sighed and wiped the sweat from her brow. Both infected bodies laid calmly on the table, their breathing even and they were both no longer sweating so much. Sakura had managed to eject the poison out of the systems though a small dose still remained in their blood streams, mainly Tsukiko's.
"Their lives are no longer in danger." Sakura smiled happily. Everyone seemed pleased with this news and were grateful to the female pink haired ninja that had saved Kankuro and Tsukiko. "We can't relax just yet. There's still trace amounts of poison passing through their systems. We need to make an antidote. First, do you have any medical herbs in the village? Please remove the bandages and we need an IV drip. Next, save a small amount of that poison. I'll need it later." The medical ninja's followed Sakura's orders immediately and got to work on doing what they needed for both the people on the table.

Not long passed before Kankuro woke up with a start. Temari seemed pleased to see her brother awake and everyone else did too. However, they were still concerned with how their friend still hadn't woken up or shown any signs of doing so. Could she still be suffering from the poison? If so, could it be life threatening or did the girl have a secret strength that only she knew of? Nobody knew but time would tell.