11. Sail.

Cold, it was cold. The tips of my skin felt like needles, the ice front blowing directly on every inch of my skin. A surface tough against my back, practically making it ache the more I stayed still. My fingertips weren't cooperating, not helping me as I tried to figure out where I was but, come to think of it, nothing was working. I wasn't even breathing, the pull for air growing stronger and stronger the longer I stayed still.

I couldn't suck anything in, my mouth staying shut and my body still as I was trapped in it. Just as panic set in and it dawned on me that this might just be happening leaves crunched underneath someone's foot and they stepped closer. It wasn't just one person though, it was a lot of them and they were approaching me quickly.

"The Dea. Arise," she spoke, her voice distorted. It was definitely a her though, I just knew it. I sucked in the air, finally being able to let it cooly enter my mouth and nose. Coughs quickly came afterwards, I sat up and clutched at my chest as my breathing became normal. Hastily I snapped my head up, who the hell was here?

They were in the darkness, using it to mask themselves although I'm sure 4 of them were Oni by the way their eyes glowed with intensity.

"What the fuck do you want?" I growled, eyes narrowing. I felt myself begin to prepare for an attack, this was going to be a bloodbath.

"We come in peace Dea, although your days have been otherwise," she said. Stepping closer as her trench coat swayed behind her and the Oni took another step protectively.

"Go to fucking hell," I bluntly stated, finally noting how I was sitting on the Nemeton and it was cold . I was wearing my sleeping clothes, a small tank top and shorts but I didn't feel an ounce of hypothermia setting in. This was a dream, it was all in my head. Fucking great, she was obviously the reason for the shit that had happened to me.

"I apologize for the Oni, they had to make sure you were still yourself. You're the one after all," there was a small amount of distaste in her words after I had spat at them. She ignored me though, speaking about something I was completely clueless too.

"Lady," I huffed, "what the hell do you want?"

"I see you've chosen your protectors," she murmured. Her hand suddenly swaying out and my wrists beginning to burn.

"Ow!" I yelped, lifting both my arms so I could visibly see the burning spots on my wrists. Two different letters on the corners of each of my wrists.

A bold A and E were written on each of my small wrists, my eyes widening in astonishment. "What the fuck did you do!"

"That was the last step," she murmured. "Now they are identified as your official protectors."

My eyes drifted back to her, pursing my lips and asking," why are you doing this? What the fuck do you want with me?"

"The Nogitsune is among you and it needs to be found and discovered by you and your friends. We've left you with the necessary tools to find it yourself, once you do you'll know what to do," she murmured. Nodding her head gently. The Oni starting to come closer, leaving her behind as they began to close in on me. The bright yellow in their eyes growing brighter until I was becoming blind by it and all that consumed me was the light and darkness of their glares.

"Excuse me, what... what are you doing," I murmured cautiously, scooting back. My palms scratching against the wooden tree stump."GET AWAY FROM ME!"

They jumped however, finally letting the freezing temperatures reach me and make me scream. I shut my eyes closed, screaming as they pulled me into them.

"IMELDA! IMELDA! OPEN YOUR EYES!" Scotts voice broke through, his warm fingers replacing the cold hell I had been sucked into.

"Scott!" My eyes were watering when they sprung open to find him holding me in his arms and Isaac at the foot of the bed. I wanted to yell, scream in frustration. Every part of my body was shaking with fear, freezing cold.