13. Control

beep... beep... beep... beep...beep...

The consecutive chimes of the machine should have annoyed the shit out of me, and I should have already broken the machine into a million tiny pieces and lived on, but I didn't. Although the machine annoyed me and hardly let me sleep it was that beep that kept hope alive in me because Isaac was still alive.

He was still living and breathing, barely but there was hope.

Two days ago after Stiles has been placed into the MRI Chamber his other self had purposely caused a wire malfunction to go off in the hospital parking lot. I had almost been crushed by a car or wire, I can't remember quite exactly what happened, but Kira had been there to save me. Afterwards their had been more casualties due to the live wire in water and unbeknown to most of the people there, it was right underneath their feet. Isaac had saved Allison though, pushing her out of the way.

He had thrown himself into the electrified water, landing him in this hospital room. He was connected to dozens of machines, the doctors were astounded that he had even lived and was still somehow alive. Half of Isaacs face was still burnt to a crisp, and not once had he moved. I didn't want to lose hope, I didn't want to think about losing him so most of the time I've spent here.

Here it's stable, jus like him. Here I know what could happen. Either Isaac heals and comes back or I let him, we let him. Out there, it's much more. There's much more at stake.

"Hey," a soft feminine voice calls out to me, placing a cup of coffee in front of me.

Startled I look up, gripping the styrofoam cup and meeting light brown eyes.

"Thanks," I smile weakly at Allison Argent. She's been here with me through it all. Out of everyone I think she is the only other person who understands and hurts as much as me. Isaac meant something to us, wether it was a possible lover or a security blanket, he was someone to us.

We had been here since that night, neither of us refusing to leave. No one believed me when I said he had been adopted by Charlie and been living with me so I had caused the worst incident here yet. I had yelled and practically fought every doctor who kept me out of the room, Allison right beside me. At one point both of us had almost climbed through the window to get into this room. Of course it took one call from Charlie and everything was settled. Afterwards they had to let me in and I almost threw another fit to get Allison in here with me.

The beeping continued as she say sat next to me, our mounds of blankets and pillows underneath the chairs. We had also been sleeping here, both of us just going home to change and even then I didn't exactly go home. I couldn't even think about how quiet it would be there, how unnecessarily noisy the actual silence was.

So I had been at Lydia's, showering, using her clothes, and being consoled by Natalie while she also forced me to eat. I kept forgetting to do natural things, both Allison and I. We had Lydia for that though and she would constantly remind us by stopping by or calling us.

"Do you think he will be able to heal?" She asked me, her eyes trained on his sleeping form. It hurts to see him like this, for her and I especially. I can't help him, I tried to, believe me, but it didn't work. The most it did was keep him stable before I started to scream in pain. I don't know why but his pain transferred to me like I was an actual wolf.

"He has too," I croaked out, my voice slightly rough from lack of sleep. "He's one of us and we make it through anything. Plus the bastards always telling me I can't die because he will be homeless but if he dies I will be roommate-less. I can't live with that, I don't want that. He cannot do this to me. He cannot do this to you, to all of us."