6. Surprise

~49 BBY~

Jade -

I looked at the list for a long second and then whipped my head in the direction Obi-wan went. I groaned since he was all the way down the hall. I walked through the crowd towards him, putting my hand on his shoulder to turn him around.

"Hey, Obi-wan, you saw the list?" I ask the most obvious question, mentally slapping myself in the face.

"Yeah.." He mumbles.

"Hey, I don't want this to come between our friendship. Everything is fair and who ever wins, wins." I spoke, taking my hand off his shoulder.

"Alright." He looks down at his feet as he speaks.

"Everything is fair Obi-wan. We are equally skilled." I looked him directly in the eyes. I realized how piercingly green they are, "Deal?"

He smiled at me, "Deal."

Laster that day, two surprise duels broke out for the first round. The rest of the opponents went head to head in the Simulation Room. I could tell it was starting to get more difficult as the rounds went on. 

The only ones who were winning now were those who were older. Obi-wan and I were two of the last four younger initiates in the Tournament.

The next day was pretty normal, I was prepared to battle Obi-wan. I honestly had no idea who was going to win, as I said, we are equally skilled. 

I walked to the Lunch Room with Genesis and our friend Ellae. Ellae had decided not to participate in the tournament this year, she was a Twi-lek from Ryloth.

We sat down at our lunch table and Genesis and Ellae started asking me questions.

"So what's going on with you and Obi-wan?" Genesis asked.

I looked up from my food, shocked. "Nothing. We're just friends. Jedi aren't supposed to form attachments." I reminded her, careful with my words.

"Just friends?" Ellae asked.

"Just friends." I replied. Something clicked in my mind, I whipped my head around to quickly get slammed to the ground. I opened my eyes to see some of the Jedi Masters standing around the edge of the Lunch Room.

Obi-wan just surprise attacked me..

We had to carry out training lightsabers around for the past two days due to moments exactly like this.

I quickly jumped up onto my feet and hit him with a roundhouse kick to the waist causing him to fall to the ground on his back.

I put my knee on his chest and pinned his arms onto the ground. He brought his legs up and kicked me in the back causing me to let go of his arms and give him to time to push me off of him.

I heard the hum of his training lightsaber and quickly grabbed mine. He started to bring his lightsaber down on me but I brought mine out and block it.

I pushed him off of me and jumped up.

By now, everyone had cleared the tables and were now watching from a distance. I jumped onto the top of the table next to me and ran down the long table top. He ran with me on the ground and I smirked.

I abruptly stopped and put my lightsaber out to the side causing him to run into it and get burned, then trip and fall.

I couldn't help but laugh as I quickly jumped off the table. He got backed off and looked at me, smiling like he was proud of me.