21. Funeral

~32 BBY~

Jade -

Eventually, Obi-wan and I's tears both stopped, we both knew we couldn't sit like this forever.

Obi-wan wiped off the last of his tears and then, positioned his hands underneath Qui-gon's knees and back and picked him up.

I ran my fingers underneath my eyes to wipe off the tears before following Obi-wan out. Once we were in the hangar, a pilot saw us and ran to get a medic.

Soon, the medic came and placed Qui-gon's body on a thin platform that floated above the ground. They put a sheet over his body and carried him out as we walked back to the courtyard where a Republic ship landed. Several Republic guards stepped out of the ship along with Chancellor Palpatine, he walked up to us.

"We are in debt to you for your bravery Obi-wan Kenobi and Jade Terrano." The Chancellor said. "And you, young Skywalker, we will watch your career with great interest."

Behind the Chancellor and his guards, most of the Jedi Council stepped out of the ship, Obi-wan, Anakin and I all bowed before walking with them.

We had assumed they had sensed Qui-gon's death and hopped on the ship over here. We followed the Chancellor and Queen into the building until they started talking politics and all he Jedi left the room.

"Jade and Obi-wan, I must speak with." Master Yoda said.

All the other Jedi Masters bowed and left the room while Master Yoda spoke to us, mainly Obi-wan.

"Confer you, the rank of Jade Knight, the council does." He told Obi-wan as Obi-wan was kneeling before him.

I stood against the wall and listen to their conversation.

"But agree with your taking of this boy as your padawan learner, I do not." Yoda emphasized 'I'.

"Qui-Gon believed in him." Obi-Wan protested.

"The chosen one, the boy may be. Nevertheless, grave danger I fear in his training." Master Yoda argued back.

"Master Yoda, I gave Qui-gon my word. I will train Anakin." He paused and Master Yoda started to walked away, "Without the approval of the Council if I must."

I smiled, he reminded me of Qui-gon.

"Qui-gon's defiance, I sense in you. Need that, you do not." Master Yoda said, taking the words out of my mouth, "Agree with you, the Council does. Your apprentice, Skywalker will be." Master Yoda finished.

I exhaled, I didn't know how I felt about Anakin. I wanted the boy to fulfill his dreams but there was something about him, something dangerous. And until Qui-gon died, that's what Obi-wan sensed too.

After Master Yoda left the room, Obi-wan stood and walked over to me, crossing his arms. "What do you think about the boy?"

"I too, sense a danger in him. I feel you are walking down a path you won't be able to change directions on. You'll be stuck with him and whatever he does, you'll get punished for." I said, very serious.

Obi-wan stood still for a moment, frozen. He nodded slowly before getting a look of grievance on his face, "I miss him already, Jade." He said.

I instantly grabbed the back of his head and gently pulled him towards me, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Me too Obi-wan, me too."

He soon wrapped his arms around me, I noticed it was getting dark outside so I pulled away and our faces were inches apart, I could feel his breath on my lips and thought about it for a moment. I looked up into his eyes and then pulled away, "We should go.. Join the others."