13. Trials

~32 BBY~

Jade -

I sat there, thinking about everything I can do. I must've meditated for an hour, but when I opened my eyes, the pedestal that my lightsaber was on was now a foot in front of me. I stood up and grabbed my lightsaber.

Once I did, doors slid open on the walls and soldiers came out, not just any soldiers, Yinchorrians. It was an endless horde of them and there was no way I could defeat them all.

I took a deep breath and activated my lightsaber as the first one came towards me. I took a swing and the blade split his body in half. I calmed my rage towards them, I was now only killing them because they were trying to kill me.

They're were too many and they started to get closer and closer to me before I could kill them. I looked around, thinking of the possibilities as I swung at each one of them.

I then stood in the middle, thinking of what to do. I had to find a better way to defeat them. Then I realized... they weren't real.

I turned off my lightsaber and closed my eyes, the soldiers' axes swung at me and went right through me, not touching me, they were like ghosts.

I turned and looked at all of them, they all then disintegrated into dust. I was now completely confused, before I could think about it the doors opened again and Master Fisto stepped out, his eyes were closed and his lightsaber was in his hand.

He walked towards me like he knew where I was.

"Master Fisto... what are you doing here?" I asked.

He opened his eyes and they looked different, I couldn't tell what was different about them but they were different.

"Master Yoda and I have decided that you should be expelled from the Jedi.. But we can't let you walk free with the information you know.." He spoke, his voice deeper and more serious than normal.

"What does that mean?" I asked in disbelief, I wasn't just angry I was now sad as well.

His eyes squinted before he quickly pulled out his lightsaber and attempted to swing it down on me, I suddenly fell on the ground and then backed away on my hands.

I scrambled away and jumped up, pulling out my lightsaber and defending myself. He swung at me, definitely trying to kill me. Every swing he took made me step back when his lightsaber hit mine.

We were pushing against each other's lightsabers and I was able to look him straight in the eyes, my pain went from sadness to anger. I had heard about the rare occasion of a Jedi dying during their trials.

I was not going to die here. It was rare but it could happen. I wanted this more than anything.

I pushed back as hard as I can and he stumble back, I swung my lightsaber over my head and swung it down on him, as soon as my lightsaber blade touched him he fell to the ground, turning to dust with the contact of the floor.

I stood there and took a deep breath, looking at where the dust was. I then looked up and saw Obi-wan standing in front of me a couple feet away.

"Jade... What have you done?" He asked, his voice sounding so real and sincere.

"He just.. He just attacked me there was nothing I could do. I had to defend myself." I explained, a sadness took over his eyes as he looked at me.

He reached his arms out and engulfed me in a caring hug, his arms being able to wrap all the way around my body. I melted into him, I suddenly had a feeling of comfort and safeness.