I Get Mad

SARAHS POV
"Lemme at him!" Emma shouted as she struggled against Chloe, who was holding her back.
"It's really fine guys" I mumbled twisting my hair around.
"No it's really not!" Chloe panted, struggling to hold Emma back.
"That doesn't seem right, or like him at all" Gina commented.
"I guess so," I said. I was still shell shocked. I just wanted to cry as I relived that moment. And then, like a fist clenching inside me, I got really. Really. Mad. I flipped my ponytail and sharply turned towards my friends.
"You know what?" I said, "I'm NOT going to feel bad. I'm just really mad. Who needs a crush? Who even needs boys at ALL? They don't contribute anything except burping and swooshing their hair. So I say all the single ladies from now on!"
"Um, Sarah?" Gina said tentatively, surprised by my outburst I guess, "you were always single in the first place."
I glared at her.
"ACTually" I spoke softly with a smile,"we were always dating he just didnt KNOW IT! And I JUST BROKE UP WITH HIM HA HAAAAA!"
"Ok there, ok there" Chloe murmured,"lets get you some water or something."
"""""""""""""""""'''""""""""""""""""""""'"'
Daniel and I didn't really talk for the rest of the year. I mean yeah, there was the occasional hi or hello, but we sort of went our separate ways. I tried to convince everyone that I was fine and that I was over him, but....I really wasn't. Seasons changed, and soon it was summer break. I could finally try to get my mind off Daniel with some fun in the sun! There was a pool within biking distance, so I decided to go there. I decided to leave my hair down, and I changed into my swimsuit.
"I'm going to the pool, Mom!" I yelled as I grabbed my sunglasses, a towel, and my phone.
"Be back before 4:00!" she answered.
I biked to the pool as fast as I possibly could. The day was getting hotter and hotter, and I couldn't wait to jump in the cool water.
"Hi Lia" I said to the girl at the front desk.
"Hey Sarah," she said, scanning the membership code on my phone,"what's up?"
"Not much." I responded, nonchalantly running my hands along the table top.
"Cool." Lia winked, handing back my phone.
I grabbed it and moved through the awning towards the outdoor pool area. Finding a chair, I set my stuff under it and jumped right into the water.
The shock of cold engulfed me, cooling my overheated skin. I emerged, already warming up in the hot sun. I splashed around for a couple more minutes and then trotted back to my chair to warm up. I slid on my cat eye sunglasses and pulled up Instagram on my phone. This was great! I wasn't even thinking about Daniel!
Daniel.
Dang it!
I pushed him out of my mind, but he kept coming back in as everything on my Instagram reminded me of him. A picture of a lion.
Daniel played a lion in the musical.
Someone singing.
Daniel can sing.
A picture of dirt.
Daniel has brown hair.
A picture of a hotdog.
Daniel eats food.
SNAP OUT OF IT! I screamed at my brain, but it was no use. I slowly pressed the message icon.
Daniel showed up under favorites.
I pressed his name.
STOP BRAIN STOP.
I typed in a message.
I like you
STOP IT FINGERS.
Thats why I texted you
STUPID FINGERS.
Are we cool?
DONT PRESS SEND.
I pressed send.
"What did I just do" I mumbled in shock.
Oh geez.