Two

Angela
    One month later
           Today my parents will be coming to visit me since it was my birthday. I didn't want to make a big deal out of this. It's just the day I was born.
    My mom was thrilled when I asked her if she wanted to come to Spain to visit me, courtesy of Leo who offered to pay for there trip.
       I got a FaceTime call, it was Leo. Over the past few weeks we've been face timing each other. It was nice. We talked about everything. That's what lead him to buy my parents plane tickets. 
    I saw Leo whispering something to Thiago in his ear, Thiago giggled.
  "What? Guys. Is there something on my face?"  I questioned both of them. None of them answered. Suddenly a red ballon appeared to show up on my screen.
   "Ohhhh!" Thiago yelled. I laughed to myself they are both so silly. 
     Thiago popped the ballon. Leo replaced it with one that said happy birthday. Leo and Thiago both got out from under the couch.
"Angi we wanted to wish you a happy birthday. Thank you for everything that you do for us. We appreciate you more than anyone else. Happy birthday ya oldie!" I smiled at them both.
  "Thank you guys! It really means the world to me."  I pretended to hug them through my phone.
   "the hug can wait, Thiago and I are going to pick you up so we can pick up your parents and then we're going out for breakfast!" I agreed to Leo's plan.
   "I'll see you soon, bye. Leo ended the call with a wave. 

☁️

         I was currently texting my mom letting her know that we're on our way to pick them up.  I could tell she was hungry over her text messages since she dislikes plane food.
    I heard a honk it was Leo and Thiago. They both were smiling with me. I laughed at these dorks.
    "So how is the birthday girl today?" Leo asked hoping to get me in a party mood.
      "Normal I guess. I feel no change."
          "No change, huh?" Leo wondered.
                 "Yup!" I enthused.
     Behind me Thiago was playing with a toy car, "happy birthdy angi." Thiago said to me before getting out of his seat and jumping on me.
    "Thiago, no. You could get hurt." I told the little boy who wondered what he had done wrong. Leo stopped the car. I got out of my seat and buckled up Thiago, correctly.
     "One day, one day I will show you how to buckle up a car seat." I said to Leo who was laughing at himself.

☁️

    "Thiago watch your step." I instructed the little toddler who was afraid of jumping into my arms.
     Thiago jumped, I caught him. "Good job." I said giving him a hi five.
      While walking towards the terminals of the airport. I noticed Thiago holding onto my hand, I smiled at him letting him know it was okay. 
     "You guys are a very cute family." A women in her 50's told us. I smiled at her. I looked over at Leo who was also smiling. It was weird because we didn't deny it.
     My mom pushed the lady to the side, "oh Angela it's so nice to see you." She enveloped me into a tight hug. My dad just sat their trying to hold in his laughter.
    Leo apologized to the women whom my mom pushed. Thiago sucked his thumb curiously trying to figure out who my parents were.
      We all greeted each other one by one. "Thiago is going to be a hardcore heartbreaker." My dad said to Leo. leo laughed agreeing to the fact his son will attract many mini ladies.
    My mom pinched Thiago's cheek. Thiago laughed.
       Right now at this given moment, I feel happy and complete. And it's not because it's my birthday.

☁️

We went to a restaurant this time, it wasn't a fancy one. Which was good. I hated over priced food.
"My daughter has told us so much about you two." My mom said pointing to Leo and Thiago.
"oh really?" Leo nudged me. I laughed at him.
"Yea, I'm glad that she's found people who appreciate her as much as I do." I blushed at my mom's statement.
"We're really lucky to have her." Leo said to my mom.
I nodded my head, I wasn't used to this kind of attention. That I didn't know how to react to it.
"Angi! Help me color." I waited until the toddler said please.
"Plwease." Thiago said handing me a crayon. I smiled at him accepting his request.
"She's a natural." My mom and dad said at the same time.
"She really is." Leo continued.

☁️

After brunch,

Leo, Thiago and I decided to give my parents a tour of Spain and it's tourism spots. We even went to Camp Nou.
They were amazed of what Barcelona had to offer. We were now walking to Central Park where almost everyone is.
I sat down on one of the benches tired from this day. I love my parents, but they were tiring.
Thiago sat in my lap while my dad and Leo were discussing topics. I'm guessing sports. My mom was trying to get Thiago to sit in her lap but he refused.
I laughed at how Thiago ignored my mom. "I wanna be with angi." Thiago said to my mom who eventually gave up.
Thiago handed me a paper that said 'hapy birthday' I looked at Thiago in awe. This was the coloring book he was working on in the restaurant and the diner. This was his finished product.
"thanks titi." I said calling him my nickname for him.
Suddenly a flash mob appeared, everyone moving in rhythm. Thiago clapped his hands enjoying the flashmob.
My mom laughed to herself. A couple minutes later Leo and my dad appeared in costumes.
"Happy birthday!" My dad sang wearing his clown costume confident.
"Happy birthday!" Leo sang looking dorky in his hotdog costume.
"Hahaha papa!" Thiago giggled.
"Happy birthday to you!" My dad and Leo sang ending the flashmob.
I ran to them both giving them a hug.
_____

What are your thoughts on the story so far?
Xoxo
J.G