Seven

"Mom, dad and Thiago. We have some very important news." Angela announced, clearing her throat for a very intellectual speech.

"Go on, honey." Angela's mom replied, sipping on her glass of wine. Careful not to expose Thiago to liquor she sat a few spaces away from the toddler.

Earl watched the couple, nervously share the important news. But at that moment, when Leo looked over at his daughter. He knew. His daughter was not pregnant. But simply, in love.

"—we–are-" Leo stuttered, looking away from the small audience. He nervously glanced over at Angela pleading for support.

"Together," the pair both said at they exact same time. They both hoped Thiago would understand their new romantic relationship. They both cared so much about the toddler.

"We know and we accept this relationship. Be happy kids. Enjoy it. It doesn't last long." Earl wisely shared, giving his wife a long kiss to show his appreciation towards her.

Angela smiled watching her parents show such devotion and love in the course of their 30 year marriage. Leo unexpectedly, grabbed his girlfriend and kissed her. Longing for the kiss he has been waiting for a very long time. They both did not want to let go but stopped because Thiago would feel uncomfortable.

"You're so beautiful amor," Leo mumbled into Angela's ear before letting her go. Angela blushed, giving him a peck on the cheek.

"Why don't we go out to celebrate!" Angela's mom suggested.

Everyone agreed, putting on appropriate clothes for the unusual cold weather.

"Mami!" Thiago yelled, running up to Angela as if she were his biological mother. Angela picked up the little toddler, giving him a load of kisses. Angela secretly felt bad. She felt as if she was replacing Antonella's spot. Which were none of her intentions.

"Hey! How come he gets some kisses," Leo whined. Giving Angela a bunch of kisses.

"No pa!" Thiago argued, pushing his dad's head away from Angela.

"Oh lord, let's just go." Angela's mom interrupted grabbing her purse from the rack and heading out. The rest of the gang following her as she made her way downstairs.

•••

"Yes sir, can I get a table for five. One child. Four adults." Angela's mother told the server, who nodded his head shyly.

"Of course," the server replied now revealing his face. He had dark black hair with a white jacket and some over washed jeans. He looked about nineteen.

"Thank you," Angela's mother said politely. Angela's mother was full on manners. When Angela was just four she had made Angela remember a speech of all the countries. She called it 'tough love' and reminded Angela it was only for her good.

"This is a quiet and comfortable place," Angela said observing the small restaurant. It wasn't full nor empty. Their service seemed to be good based on their reviews on Yelp.

"Perfect for you amor," Leo teased, snuggling up to Angela. Thiago frowned grabbing his coloring book out of Angela's purse.

"You're such a flirt!" Angela whined.

"Only for you," Leo replied, calling the waiter over. The waiter gasped in surprise seeing the Lionel Messi at this small restaurant. He rushed to Leo's table in dramatic fashion.

"Re–ady to order," the waiter struggled to speak nervously doodling on his notepad. Everyone agreed ordering their food.

"Um...Sir... Can I take a picture with you. It would be silly of me to ask... Since I can hardly afford to go to your games let alone meet you." The waiter smiled, hoping to impress his idol with his confidence.

  Leo reluctantly looked over at Angela as if asking for permission. Angela nodded her head, kissing his cheek.

Leo got up from his seat and watched as the waiter took out his mobile from his left pocket. Leo smiled being as friendly as possible.

1 2 3 click!

"Thank you... Thank you... It was a pleasure to meet you. I won't disrupt your privacy anymore sir."

"It's okay..It's good that you didn't let your nervousness get in the way of good things," Leo shared sitting back down next to his girlfriend.

"Doesn't he want to take a picture with the Earl," Earl teased, snuggling up to his wife careful not to show some pda even if it was hard to resist.

  Everybody stayed silent including Thiago. He just continued coloring.

"So what are your plans?" Angela's mom asked,  hoping to get some clear answers.

"Well. We don't plan things much. We just hope things go smoothly and if it doesn't well... try again," Angela explained, now helping Thiago color inside the lines.

"I agree. Now can we just celebrate." Leo said carelessly, sipping on a glass of wine. Earl surprisingly stayed quiet.

"Of course,"

•••

"Honey, your dad and I are going to have our private time alone." Angela's mother said advising the pair they would have their alone time. Whatever that meant. They knew it would not include much talking but much groping.

"Alright mom," Angela said, giving her mom and dad a hug. They both were jumpy to get going back to the hotel.

"Can we go to the fair?" Thiago asked bored watching Angela's parents rush to a taxi cab. The pair nodded granting the toddler's wishes.

"Babe are you sure you can go? aren't you tired?" Leo worriedly asked. His anxiety secretly getting to him.

"Yea.. I'm fine." Angela said confidently, putting Thiago in his car seat. Leo nodded his head still uncertain.

"Okay, princess" Leo replied, kissing her lips wanting for more. He hoped he would make Angela happy. Because from his perspective Angela seemed to deserve absolutely everything. Which was extremely cliche on Leo's part.

"Teddy! teddy!" Thiago yelled cuddling his stuffed animal which Earl bought him. Surprisingly, Thiago found comfort in the stuffed animal. Other than the monster truck.

"Aww! my dad is going to love somebody actually taking pride of his gifts." Angela announced, snapping a picture of Thiago cuddling with the stuffed animal. He smiles cheekily. His adorable smile lighting up the picture itself.

"I feel left out," Leo whined, smiling at the two. He was beyond happy that the woman he was dating got along with his most precious gift of all. His son.

"Well don't... because we are in this together," the woman said confidently, kissing Leo's cheek and everyone laughed as Thiago made silly jokes that could brighten everyone's day.

•••

I'm very happy that the book is moving on smoothly. But as I said in the last chapter, their will be more drama. Once, they go back to Barcelona of course. Also, Angela's parents are also on the verge of leaving.

Thank you for the support!