Sollux Grub

"(F/N), this little guy is named Sollux. He is 1 week old, so he hasn't started talking. He is a yellow blood and has certain... Abilities that he has yet to keep under control. As long as he remains calm they shouldn't activate. If they do just calm him down again. There is some grub sauce in the fridge if he gets hungry and plenty of toys. Good luck (F/N)!" Rose quickly exits, making sure the door doesn't slam on her way out.

   You watch the grub squirm and wriggle his way out from under the white blanket. Soon you see the yellow grub crawl out backwards, trying to shake the fabric from his head. His black hair still looked sculpted around his face, with the shape matching his double horns. You decide to walk over and sit next to the small grub. He sees you and hisses a little. While that puts you on edge you try not to get frightened by the small yellow blood.

    "Hello Sollux," you begin in your sweetest voice, trying your hardest to gain his affection, "whatcha up to?" While you know he can't talk, he likely understands most of what you are saying. He gives you a delighted squeak in response. He proceeds to roll on his back and snuggle into the blanket.

       Leaning over you rub little circles on his belly and he releases small giggles and tries to wrap his small arms around your wrist. With your other hand you lift him into your arms, still rubbing his tummy. Suddenly you feel a gurgle in his stomach, so you know it's time to feed the little guy.

    "Sollux? Are you hungry?" He lets out excited chirps and squeal and nods up at you. You walk over to the table and gently set him down on it. "Wait right here while I get your food okay?" He nods and sits down on his back legs and waits. You turn to the fridge and open it up. There are several containers  labeled in different colors. You assume this is based on blood color. Locating the yellow container was a little difficult, it was all the way in the back. You hear a buzzing sound that you think is coming from the fridge. Upon retrieving the yellow grub sauce, you close the fridge and turn back to Sollux.  He is holding a small teddy bear and cuddling against it, but you don't remember that being on the table with him. You probably just missed it before.

  "I have some yummy food for you!" You say to the big eyed grub as you open the container. A wave of a sickeningly sweet smell hits your nose. It smells a little like honey with added sugar. You get out a little bowl and spoon some of the sauce in, then return to the table. Sollux drops the teddy bear on the table and scurries over to you, almost sliding off the edge before you caught him.

   Taking some of the liquid in the spoon you hold it out to Sollux. He places his arms clumsily on the base of the handle and slurps the sauce from the bowl of the spoon. He lets out more happy squeaks as you get another spoonful for him. You laugh a little at his newly sticky face, you'll have to wash him up after he eats. After another 10 minutes of delighted squeaking and eating his grub sauce, Sollux started to slow down and push the bowl away, signaling he had eaten to his stomachs' content.

   You got up, asked him to wait again while you washed and put the bowl away. As you put the bowl on the drying rack, you hear the buzzing noise from earlier. Again you turn to see him with the teddy bear clutched close to his body. Now also covered in the sticky mess.

   You begin to fill up the other half of the sink, that is labeled for bathing, with lukewarm water and a pump of soap to clean the tacky mess off the small grub, and his fluffy friend. Once the water is half filling the sink, you stop the water and walk over to the messy grub. You lift him in your arms and he nuzzles his sauce covered face into your neck. You will have to clean yourself now too.

   He turns around in your arms and sees that you are approaching the sink, and he begins trembling. You pet his his head and try to calm him down. Once you set him in the sink, he begins to wail and yellow tears start to mildly tint the water. You hear that same buzzing from earlier and see that it's coming from Sollux.

"Sollux, calm down. Please, it's okay we're just cleaning you up then we can play again, okay?" He looks at you with wide eyes, just when you think you are in the clear he wails loudly again, and joining his yellow tears in his eyes, red and blue power surges out of him and suddenly hits the center of the bookshelf, knocking it to the ground with a large crash.

You quickly pull him out of the water and against your chest. He huffs heavily against you trying to calm down, still blubbering and garbling out melancholy squeaks. You dip a washcloth in the water and gently wash his face and he coos under your touch.

Now you understand what rose meant by powers, this little guy has the psionics you've heard about. He is also apparently afraid of water. Before you can finish cleaning the little grub up, Rose comes bursting into the room.

"I heard a crash is everything alright?" She looks around and sees the toppled bookshelf. Then looks back up at you with a panicked look in her eyes until she sees Sollux safely in your arms.

"Yes, that's the only damage. Would you put in his notes that he has a fear of water? I'll take care of the shelf once I finish cleaning him off. Sorry about that." She nods and then smiles.

"It looks like you handled it really well, I think I will put you on Grub Watch tomorrow too." Rose says as she grabs his chart and walks out the door. You look down at the smiling grub in your hands and sigh. He is a handful, but definitely worth it.

Authors Note: a big thank you to KDJindishouse for the suggestion. The next chapter will feature Mituna. Please leave suggestions/requests for grubs and scenarios! I can do more than one grub per chapter and I will do repeat grubs. I love feedback and comments! Thanks for reading!