Mituna Grub

Small note: the zeros look like lowercase a o's "0" so I will just be using capital O's instead for Mituna's quirk. Hope this wasn't confusing.

"The grub we are caring for is named Mituna. He is just over a month old and admittedly he is a bit behind in the learning process. He should be able to form complete sentences, and he knows many words yet he doesn't put them together in sentences yet. So your best plan of action today is to get him talking. He is a yellow blood, and he has psionics. For what he lacks in speech, he has control over in those powers. He's really gifted with them from what I've seen. He is supposed to wear his helmet for safety, but it can come off occasionally. We need to see progress in him by the end of the week." Rose is partly reading from his chart, but mostly looking at you with pleading eyes.

"What happens if he doesn't progress that quickly?" You've never heard of a case like this, it never occurred to you that Trolls could also have learning disabilities.

"Well, this is hard to say (F/N) but he would likely be culled. And unfortunately that is a reality young trolls still have to face. Trolls don't want disabilities spreading and it's a cultural practice. We've intervened enough by making mutated blood colors allowed, it's an uphill battle and it might start with this little grub."

You turn your head to look where Rose is gesturing. You see Mituna fighting the white blanket. You are worried about that battle. You turn back to Rose.

"You need to pay special attention to him, but I'm glad you are working with him today, maybe a new teacher will do him good. Record anytime he forms mostly coherent sentences, ones you would expect from a 3 year old child. 3 or more words. Good luck today." She looks at Mituna hissing at the balled up blanket and leaves, closing the door softly behind her.

You turn on your heel and swiftly approach the yellow blood. He is unfazed by your presence, still trying to fight the villain that kept him bound in warmth moments ago.

  "So... How are you?" You ask hoping to assess where he is for yourself. He stops attacking the soft fabric and looks up at you. You can't see his eyes through the red and blue glass lens on the helmet, but his mouth reads surprise. He takes a moment to look at you and responds.

"GOOD." He turns back to his foe and snarls. Before any more sparring between the grub and blanket can take place; you lift the grub in your arms and hold him up to your eye level.

  "Hello little guy. Can you say your name?"

  "7UN4!" His voice is pretty cute, and he sort of knows his name...

  "Your name is Mituna. Can you say Mituna?" He shakes his head no. He then screes and tries to reach out to you with his needle-like arms. You bring him closer to your face and his holds it as best he can and appears to be studying it. He is very concentrated for a few moments before smiling goofily then kissing your nose.

  "YUR PR337Y" he giggles. Was that a sentence? Not quite, but he is putting words together.

  "You think I'm pretty?"

  "Y35." He really likes one word answers. He is adorable, and you must admit you appreciate the compliment. He nuzzles against you nose and you bring him down and he snuggles into your chest.

  "5OF7!" He screes and giggles, while pressing his head into your chest.

  "You are being very cute."

  "1 KNOW!" He is getting so much closer. But you know 2 word sentences aren't really what Rose is going for.

  "What do you want to do, Mituna?" That might take a few words, right?
  "57ORY!" You were wrong.