Eridan Grub

You notice that in the corner of the room there is a rather large fish tank set up, it's empty aside from some colorful rocks on the bottom and the gallons of water it must take to fill it. You look to Rose for an explanation, as the last time you were in here, that wasn't.

  "Recently we've been caring for a young violet blood named Eridan, he happens to be an aquatic troll. His 'Lusus' asked that we start teaching him to swim this week. It should come naturally to him, and don't worry too much, he has gills. The aquatic trolls are able to breathe on land and in water. Do you think you can handle it?" No, absolutely not.

  "Of course, Eridan and I will be fine." Why did you say that? 

  "Thank you so much for this (F/N), I will check on you two after nap time out there, I expect he will have been in the water by then! Good luck!" She gives you a wave and closes the door behind her.

Eridan has been watching you for sometime now, but you've only just noticed this attention. You've never seen a troll with gills and... Fins? He has one on his rump and two smaller ones on each side of his face. A purple streak runs though his hair between his lightning bolt shaped horns. He eyes you cautiously, before ultimately deciding that you were to be trusted.

He expresses this trust by rolling on his back and lifting his arms up at you, with expectancy and glee. You figure he couldn't be more than a week or two old; as he is so small he easily fits in the palm of your hand. You lift him in one hand and pet his little head with your index finger, trying to avoid his horns. Instinctively he leans into your touch and let's out a purr-like noise, and a few happy chirps. Something that strikes you as odd is that he feels very cold. He must be very high on the hemospectrum to run this cold blooded.

You assume Rose wanted to start on the swimming lesson pretty quickly so you make the short trek to the tank. Inside, the water is stunningly clear, you begin to wonder if this will be his first time in water.

"Eridan have you gone swimming yet?" He shakes his head no, and looks up at you with curiosity. He's likely heard about it many times by now. "In a little bit you will go into the water and you will try to move around the tank. I will right here if you need me." He seems to trust you blindly at this point, nodding along happily in response, seeming to like the idea of swimming. You gaze your hand over the surface of the water, it's strikingly cold. But you suppose this won't bother Eridan, due to his likewise chilly temperature.

   You roll up your sleeves as far as they can go, then lift Eridan in your hand again. He rubs his cheek against your thumb, as though he is petting himself against you, much like a cat. You place your hand in the water shallowly, just enough so his little legs are fully submerged, he gives a slight flap of his rear fin and wiggles around in the water. He seems to enjoy being in the tank so far, so you decide to lower your hand more so he is in a better position to try swimming.

Aside from his head he is covered by water, he is still very excited by the water, but doesn't seem intent to leave your palm.

  "Okay Eridan, now you are going to try swimming. All you have to do is use your legs and fins to keep your head above water. Do you want to try that?" He turns to look at you, then let's out a happy squeak with a small smile. Your heart melts, Eridan has your heart captured under his little spell.

  He turns around once again, wiggles his little rump, then with all of his little might, launches himself from your hand. He only lands an inch from where he started, but quickly starts sinking. His eyes widen, bubbles escape rapidly from his mouth as he squeals in fear beneath the water. You reach in and grab the frightened grub, brining him to your chest and soaking your clothes. His whole body rapidly expands and contracts against you as he begins to calm down.

  "It's okay Eridan, you will be okay. No one gets it on their first try. We will try again after I show you how to move your legs on land. Does that sound good?" He lets out a half hearted coo while nuzzling further into your chest. Once he has finally calmed down completely you set him on the table near the tank to go about showing him how to move in the water.

  "Eridan can you copy what I do after me?" He nods and seems enthralled by the prospect of this new game. You bring your hands together then push them away to either side of you, mimicking a sort of breast stroke. Eridan watches you intently? Then begins to repeat after you, it comes out looking more like a doggy paddle. You then show him how to use his whole body to swim. You put your arms over your head and essentially roll your body. He cannot get his small arms over his head and gets flustered trying to do so. You pet his head and encourage him to try rolling his body. To his surprise it comes quite easily, a huge smile spreads across his face while he looks to your for approval. You watch as each segment of his little grub body flows together to create a swimming motion; he looks ready for water once again. You lift him to your face and kiss his cheek, he giggles and kisses your back.

  "Eridan, we are going back in the water, are you ready?" He hesitates slightly, then gives a curt nod with a look of fierce determination written over his usually gleeful face. Placing him once again slightly under the surface he begins to move. He only stays afloat for a moment before sinking. He struggles and violently kicks around trying to resurface to no avail. He stops and looks at you wide eyed, waiting for your to help him. Before you do however you remind him to move his whole body, making yourself the fool by once again showing him how to roll his segments to create motion. He does this, as well as paddling with his back fin, and he slowly makes his way to the surface, smiling proudly the whole time.

He takes in a huge breath once his little head reaches the surface, he kicks around until he is facing you. He squeaks excitedly many times, and attempts to swim toward you, but really just ends up going in circles. Feeling bad for his predicament you lift him out of the water and begin to dry him with a towel, he will need a nap before returning to the swimming lesson you think. He rubs himself against the towel, happily chirping and squealing from the affection you are giving him.

In this moment you decide that you will  be late for work again tomorrow.

A/N I hope you like this highly requested Eridan chapter. I plan to do more with him in the future as a direct sequel to this chapter.

Also I am drawing for a Webcomic called Altocus which premieres on the 3rd of March, I would love if you checked it out on Altocus.com!

And finally I want to start another story of a similar style, request based X reader stories. It will be called tiny trolls and it will have 2 different scenarios in it. One in which it is closer to toddlerstuck, in which the trolls(and humans) are toddlers being raised by you. The other scenario would be closer to petstuck mixed with shrunken trolls. Trolls are desk pets, kept in a cage like a hamster and you've recently gotten one. The trolls in this will be very small but otherwise they will be in character trolls. Let me know what you think of this idea! Thank you SO much for reading!