Last Wish

"So you and Nod are dating?" Lif tilted his head as he watched the sunset.

Bryanna smiled and watched the sunset but addressed him back. "Yeah. He's a really sweet and funny guy."

Lif drank some water as they both swung their legs at the edge of doorway. He took a deep breath and smiled to himself.

Bryanna looked at Lif. "What?"

Lif  continued staring at the sunset, still smiling. "I'm really glad you guys are dating. I just feel really stupid because I was clueless. Mother used to tell me that I was a smart boy with talent."

Bryanna grinned. "You're still pretty young. You're not really supposed to know about this stuff."

"I know, but I should've expected that you guys liked each other."

Bryanna shrugged. "Well you know now."

Lif nodded. "I'm glad I know. You're my best friend and a really awesome person that takes care of me."

"I try." Bryanna patted Lif's petals, grinning. "Besides, you've really been taking care of yourself actually."

Lif's eyes widened slightly. "That makes me sound grown up."

Bryanna paused. "Do you want to grow up?"

Lif shook his head with his mouth agape. "Not yet! There's still fun stuff I want to do."

Bryanna laughed. "Well you're still a kid. Don't worry."

Lif shrugged. "Well, I'm going to play in the water."

Bryanna smiled. "All right. Have fun."

Lif nodded and jumped down landing on a large root of the tree. He jumped down to reached the ground, disappearing under a root.

"What are you staring at?"

Bryanna's head turned around, facing Nod. They smiled at each other, locking eyes. They felt a stronger warmth within each other than before. Nod sat next to Bryanna. They stayed quiet for a while and heard all kinds of noises throughout the forest while watching the sunset. Bryanna turned to Nod, but looked back at the forest to enjoy the moment.

Nod laid his head on Bryanna's shoulder. "Wanna go for a walk?"

Bryanna raised a brow. "Sure, but isn't the festival today?"

Nod stayed quiet. He grinned and nodded. "But let's go on a walk."

"Okay."

Nod then lead Bryanna down to the ground and began walking into large grass.

Nod smiled at Bryanna. "Are you excited for the festival today?"

Bryanna shrugged, trying not to bump into Nod. "Are we even going?"

Nod grinned. "We're taking a walk. Slow down."

"Why won't you answer my question?" Bryanna raised a brow.

Nod sighed. "Maybe I don't want to go."

"What?" Bryanna blinked with wide eyes. "Why not?"

Nod wrapped his arm around Bryanna's shoulder. "I think this is fun." 

Bryanna watched the last light of the sunset disappearing. Her brows slightly furrowed as she watched go away little by little. She turned to Nod. "Is there even a festival today? It's almost past sunset and I haven't seen or heard anything out of the usual."

Nod smiled. "Of course there is. No one kids around about that stuff. Or at least, they shouldn't."

There was a loud boom and then another. Bryanna whirled around and saw black dots hitting each other and cause a colorful explosion of light. Bryanna grinned at the fireworks.