The Night Before

Nod smiled at Bryanna as he flew beside her. "You're getting better."

Bryanna grinned. "Hopefully I'll be better than you."

Nod grinned, tossing his head back. "Let's see how well you spiral now." Nod flew foward and faster as he spiraled past Bryanna and five trees. He looked back to laugh at Bryanna, but she wasn't there.

"What are you looking at?" Bryanna smiled, slightly below and behind Nod.

Nod grinned, looking down at Bryanna. She flew up beside him.

Nod shrugged. "So you are getting better." He grinned.

She blushed and looked straight ahead. "So is there anything else I need to learn?"

Nod half smiled. "That's pretty much all I can teach you. The rest is for you to teach yourself."

"Oh," Bryanna said plainly. "That should be easy."

Nod laughed lightly. "Only because you know your bird so well."

Bryanna grinned. "It's only been three weeks. I don't think I know her that well."

"She trusts you that well." Nod smirked at Bryanna. "Come on. Let's get to your house I'm starving."

"Race you." Bryanna flew past Nod.

He grinned and flew past her, making it to the house first.

As Bryanna landed her bird on the branch near her home she noticed Lif and some daffodils near the water. She saw one of the daffodils push Lif down. She raised a brow as she jumped down to see what was happening, but she could heard everything when she landed on the root of the tree.

A daffodil glared at Lif. "You think you're so awesome. Coming here and hanging out with the leaf men, like you can be one of them some day."

Lif looked up at the leader of the daffodils. "But I don't want to be a leaf man."

One huffed. "Sure you don't. You just hang out with them so you can see the queen."

Lif tilted his head. "What are you talking about?"

The leader grabbed Lif by his top petal and pulled Lif down.

Bryanna glared and jumped down. "Get away from Lif!"

The leader looked at Bryanna and let go of Lif. All the daffodils stepped away, but glared at Bryanna as she walked toward Lif.

"Are you okay?" She put a hand on Lif.

He softly soothed out his petal. "I'm fine." He gave a small, quiet laugh. "It's not bad at all."

The leader daffodil stepped foreward. "Why are you helping him?"

Bryanna glared at the daffodil. "He's my friend."

The daffodil crossed his arms. "But he's an orchid, a white orchid in fact." The daffodil to his right spat on Lif's root toes.

Bryanna pushed the daffodil that spat on Lif. "Why are you doing this?"

Nod jumped down to Lif's side, his brows furrowed at the daffodils. "You guys need to leave."

All the eyes of the daffodils widened.

"Y-yes, sir." The leader lowered his head walking away. The others followed him with lowered heads.

Nod helped Lif up. "You okay buddy?"

Lif smiled. "Yeah. I'm fine."

Bryanna stepped toward Lif. "Why were they bullying you?"

Lif paused several times before he actually spoke. "I'm an orchid, and they've never met an orchid because orchids don't grow here naturally." 

"So?" Bryanna stepped in front of Lif. 

Nod's eyes widened. "Oh, that's right! We have stereotypes here." 

Bryanna raised a brow. "Of flowers?" 

Nod nodded. "Orchids are the most beautiful flowers anyone can come across. They're adored by most stompers." He petted Lif. "Those daffodils probably didn't like Lif because they feel some sort of competition."

Lif tilted his head. "Competition?"

Nod smirked. "For someone's attention." He winked at Bryanna.

Lif shook his head. "WHAAAAAAA!?"

Nod and Bryanna laughed.

Lif put his leafy hand on one of his petals. "I just thought they wanted my petals." He looked up at the one that was pulled and frowned.

Nod's expression softened. "Don't worry. The queen can probably help you."

Lif tilted his head, but then he smiled. "Okay."

The trio walked to Moonhaven and Bryanna smiled as she watched the queen heal Lif's petal. Lif looked up at his petal and touched it softly. He grinned and laughed lightly as he continued touching it.

Nod sat next to Bryanna. "You really do care for him, huh?"

Bryanna nodded. "He's a really good friend. One of the best friends I've had."

 Nod smiled and placed his arm around Bryanna's shoulder. He whispered into her ear. "I need to ask you something."

Bryanna turned her head to face Nod. "What is it?"

Nod stood up, taking Bryanna's hands, grinning. "Come with me first."

Nod led Bryanna to his bird. He helped her up and the bird took flight as the moon began to rise.

Bryanna lightly poked Nod's side. "Where are we going?"

Nod simply smirked. "You'll see."

They flew past many trees and then reached a small pond. Lily pads with flowers adorned the surface of the lake. Nod had his bird hover over one of the pads and jumped down, carrying Bryanna in his arms.

Nod looked at the bird. "You can go to a tree." The bird flew off to a branch.

Bryanna looked all round the moonlit-glowing flowers. A few fireflies began to float around. Nod took Bryanna's hands and gave her a sweet, gazing lock.

Nod smiled. "So I have something to ask you. Well, two things really."

Bryanna laughed lightly. "What is it?"

"First, will you be my girlfriend?" Nod smiled softly.

Bryanna smiled. "Of course. You asked me that already."

Nod laughed. "I know. I just wanted to ask properly." He grinned. "And my second question is," he lowered the angle of his head, looking at Bryanna through his eyes lashes, "Will you go to the Tara Festival with me?"

Bryanna brightly smiled, embracing Nod. "Yes!"

Nod kissed the side of her head.

Bryanna then locked gazes with Nod. "You're such a sweet guy."

Nod grinned. "You're a beautiful girl." He pulled Bryanna against him and kissed her passionately.