Leaf Gliding

Nod flew Bryanna and Lif to Bryanna's home. He occasionally looked back at Bryanna, to which Lif would look back at a view of the forest, wondering what Nod was looking at. Bryanna laughed at Lif's confusion.

"What?" The two of them looked at Bryanna.

"Nothing. I just remembered something funny." She grinned.

"Can I know please? I wanna laugh too." Lif smiled.

"Hey, kid," Nod looked forward, moving out of a tree's way. "Who are you anway?"

"My name's Lif." He held his petals up a bit higher.

 "Hello Lif," Nod's bird landed on a branch near Bryanna's house. "My name's Nod." He got off his bird and helped Bryanna down. "You all right?"

Bryanna nodded smiling. "Yeah."

Lif's eyes widened as he spotted the waterfall. "Oh, sprout! Clear water!" He grinned. "I'm going to get some of that." Lif began jumping down.

"But, Lif you..." Bryanna sighed. "I'll go find him when the sun goes down." She faintly smiled.

Nod raised a brow. "Why would you do that?"

"Lif lost his mom to some boggans," Bryanna looked at Nod, "So he doesn't have a home to go to."

Nod smirked, petting his bird. "Are you kidding me?"

"What?" Bryanna blinked.

"He's an orchid. His toes are roots, so it's best for him to sleep where the dirt is." Nod pointed down to the ground.

"Oh." Bryanna looked away, blushing and jumping down to her house.

Nod quickly followed her. "You're not going to go join Lif?" Nod jerked his head in the direction of the waterfall.

"No. I mean, the water is beautiful and all, but he seems way more excited about it than I could ever be."

Nod wrapped his arms around Bryanna's waist and kissed her neck. Bryanna closed her eyes, but then  gently pushed Nod back, opening them.

Nod raised a brow. "Was I too rough?"

"I'm sorry." Bryanna stared at Nod for a bit. "It's just... are we together?"

"Of course," Nod said quickly. "I'm not the kind of guy that just goes around kissing girls." He moved Bryanna's hair out of her face. "You matter to me." Nod took Bryanna's hand. "I know it's hard to believe because we've known each other for less than a week," he lightly lifted Bryanna's chin, "but I like you."

Bryanna grinned. "I like you too."

"Bryanna," Nod held the both of her hands, locking his eyes with hers. "Would you like to go leaf- gliding with me?"

"Yes," Bryanna nodded lightly. "Yes I would."

They walked out and began jumping branch to branch.

 "Woah!"

Bryanna and Nod looked out at Lif. He was much greener than when Bryanna first met him earlier that day. Lif's white petals seemed to glow as he stood in the water, watching some birds swoop down and take a drink. He loved the lively vibe here, much different from where he used to live.

There, the water would be filled with waste stompers would leave. His mother's petals turned green because of something that was in the water. She wasn't bothered by it at all, but Lif didn't like how the other orchids would laugh at her, telling her she was an ordinary plant.

Lif smiled at the water he was standing in. "I always thought you were beautiful, mom." He looked up. "And now, I have the water you've always wanted for me. My petals are kind of glowing too." He watched a bird fly away to the horizon.