L

Dear God,

I  was just struck by the sudden thought that I'm going to see my family.

I haven't seen them in forever.

In memory, actually.

My parents died when I was young.

I wonder if they're proud of me.

I hope so.

Love,

Peyton

Peyton's P.O.V

Cody has left for the night and I'm left alone in the dark safety of my room and with the poisoned thoughts of my dying brain.

I recline so I'm lying flat on my back when a sudden thought strikes me. My family. My parents. I haven't seen them in forever.

I've never actually met my parents.

Well, not when I can remember.

They died in a car crash when I was two. I don't have any memories of them. Especially with my tumor, thinking of them is hard. I lived with my grandparents while I was growing up, but then they both died and I was left on my own. My aunt became my legal guardian, but I was seventeen so I pretty much did my own thing. 

I have pictures of them,  but it's like staring at a stranger. I have my mother's eyes, and my father's hair color, but I don't know them. Based on the stories my family has told me, I wish I did.

I will soon meet my parents for the first time in my memory. I will learn what they were like. I will learn who they are, their interests, their lives, and how much they loved me. 

I wonder what they think of me.

I wonder if they think I'm pretty, if my grades were good enough, if they liked the college I went to, and what job I have. I wonder if my dad would like the guys I dated, or if my mom would have thought I dressed too scantily, or if I would have pretended to hate them in my teenage years. I wonder if they would be here now, holding my hand as I go through this, if they would have supported me deciding to shave my head, or if they thought I should have taken more medicine for my tumor, if they would have put me in a different hospital. 

So many what ifs.

And now, as I lay in the darkness staring up at the ceiling in my deathbed, I wonder if they would have been proud of me.

I hope so.

_________________________________________________________________________

Hey I'm full of surprises, first Waiting for Superman, now this. I was just going through all my old works and I felt like going back into Peyton's and Cody's world. I hope you enjoy xx