23

Akane's P.O.V

"Welcome to the ANBU, Akane!" Kaede says and puts a hand on my shoulder "Thanks Kaede" I tell him and we smile "Why don't we go out and celebrate?" Akihiko suggests and they all nod and I look over to mom, she looks happy but at the same time worried "Sure, go out and celebrate!" She says walking over to me and hugging me and I wince at the pain "But first, I think you need to get healed too" Nikko says and I nod "You're still not able to heal yourself?" Howaito asks and I shake my head "I can a little but not really" I explain and he nods "Well then, lets get you to the hospital and then we can go out for BBQ? Dinner's on me!" Howaito says and we all nod "I'll see you at home sweet heart" Mom says before kissing my forehead and walking away "Congratulations Akane" Lord Third tells me "Thank you Lord Third" I reply and bow and little to him and he walks off with Lord Danzo "Alright, lets go" Masaki says and picks me up bridal style "M-Masaki! What are you doing?! I can still walk, ya know!" I say and wiggle around in his arms "Just calm down, I'm sure you're tired" Ryuu tells me and I calm down a little "You're a dick" I pout and hit Masaki lightly on the chest as he laugh and so does everyone else.

We get to the hospital and I get healed up quickly then we head out to BBQ, I order the same thing I always do when I come here, a salad and four pieces of steak. "Why are you eating so little? Dinner's on me!" Howaito says after out server walked away and I shrug my shoulders "What I ordered is very filling, so it's best I don't eat too much" I say and he nods then I get upset, remember those are the same words I told Obito the first time I came here 'Dammit, if I were with them he wouldn't have died' I curse myself and sigh. Everyone distracts me with talking about themselves and it's quite interesting what some of these guys do on their free time while other do just the normal things and hang out and train. "You're royal?" I ask Minoru and he nods, I would never expect him to be royal from the way he acts "It's not anything big like the Hyuga's, it's just small and not extremely strict but strict at the same time" Minoru explains and I nod. We all finish our food, Howaito pays and we all stand outside saying out goodbyes "You start with the ANBU tomorrow, so make sure you come by early" Akihiko tells me and I nod "See you all tomorrow!" I say and wave to them while running home.

As I'm walking home I stare up at the sky and and engulf myself in it's beauty "You're right," I hear someone say and turn around to find Kakashi "Starring at the sky is a bad habit" He explains and I laugh a little "What are you doing out so late?" I ask and tilt my head a little to the right "I could ask you the same" Kakashi says and walks towards me "I just finished a celebration dinner, your turn" I say nodding to him as he stops in front of me "Celebration dinner for what?" Kakashi asks, ignoring my question "You've got to answer why you're out so late before I tell you anything else Ai-Chan" I mock getting close to him "I was only taking a walk to get some fresh air" He says innocently and shrugs "It was a celebration dinner for me" I say and cross my arms "Why would you be having a celebration dinner?" Kakashi asks "I'm now an official member of the ANBU Black Ops" I say and raise my chin "You're an ANBU Black Op now? How did that happen?" Kakashi asks "Lord Danzo acknowledged my skills and strength so he requested I join" "And your parents are okay with this?" "Mom was a bit worried, but she's happy from me and dad's out on a mission so he dosen't know yet" I explain "Well then, congratulations Akane be careful, okay?" Kakashi says and I nod "Thanks Ai-Chan" I say with my closed eye smile and tilt of head "I'll see you tomorrow then" Kakashi says waving me off and turns around to walk away.

I wake up the next morning nice and early, I took a shower last night so I get dressed in my usual clothes but instead of a t-shirt with a mask it's just a normal t-shirt with the strap. I wrap my bandages around my calf's then my arms and lastly around my neck and bottom half of my face, I cut off the strand and there's a piece of bandage hanging down on the left side of my face that goes just a little past my chin. I decided to start covering my face like this instead of a mask because it's easier to eat and I'm able to eat in front of people if I just move a piece a little to uncover my mouth. I brush my hair and put it up in a pony tail before walking out of my room and I'm surprised to see mom up so early "Good morning sweetheart" Mom say while spinning the egg she's cooking in the pan "Morning, why are you up so early?" I ask while taking a seat at the table "I knew you would have to wake up early for your first day on ANBU today so I decided to wake up early as well and make sure you get a good breakfast" Mom says and sets a plate of food in front of me "Thanks mom, but you really didn't have to" I say.

"What would you have eaten if I didn't make you breakfast?" Mom asks and puts her hands on her hips "An apple?" I question and motion towards the fruit bowl on the table "An apple isn't enough to eat when you're go to be training the ANBU all day, plus you probably wouldn't have made yourself lunch so you would be starving yourself" Mom goes on to lecture me on many things I wouldn't have done and what the consequences they would have.

-----------

Loves. As always,

Like

Comment

Share with friends/fans/followers/readers

~K-Chan