Mysterious Man

After taking a few photo’s we headed off to the gala.

I entered the ballroom to see marble pillars, glassy stone floor, and hundreds of people. A band of smooth classical music filled the room as people mingled, taking sips from Champaign and sparkling soda. I saw Alexis whose red velvet hair flowed perfectly as she stood tall wearing a sparkling long evening gown and red heels. She was talking to an older man wearing a Princeton tail coat. This gala was famous for talking to representatives of famous schools to hopefully get some credit to help get into your dream school. For others it was a time to socialize in a fine gathering. For me it was like watching people roll balls across the floor, just plain boring.

“Ashley?” a male’s voice asked.  

I turned around to see a well-polished guy around my age, he looked extremely familiar. He extended his hand as I smiled,

“And who might you be?”

He lifted his head and I recognized him instantly.

“Ben what are you doing here?!” I said hugging him.

“I knew it was going to be torture so I decided to comfort you” he smiled pulling back.

“How did you get in?”

“You can get in anywhere fancy with a black suit, hair gel, extra cologne, and a fake British accent” he winked.

“Well then how about we go to the roof and blow off some steam?”

“I thought you would never ask” he smiled taking my hand.

We headed upstairs to the roof top and over looked the city,

“I never realised how pretty the city was” I smiled resting my head on his shoulder.

“I never realised how pretty you looked in the evening” he winked.

“Ben I-I…”

“Shhh… Ash; do not say anything. I need to be honest with you. I don’t find you as just a friend, I have liked you for 4 years now and I think I’m going to say to you now that I want us to…”

ASHLEY CLARA WILLOW!!!! I knew you were up here! Yet you are with Ben, how did he get in here! It’s a private party not some beer bash! I’m calling security and you are NEVER allowed to see Ashley again! Do I make myself clear?”  

“Mrs. Willow I never…”

“Mom I invited him! This gala blows and I wanted a friend, I called him and he came. He was just being a good friend” I said pulling free from my mom’s grasp.

“Ashley you have caused too much trouble, that’s it! I’m calling your father and you’re going to live with him, do I make myself clear? You will collect every belonging and I am sending you to LA! I’m sorry honey but I cannot handle this, no longer will I let you be this way! We are leaving now, so when we get home you are packing up and on Friday you will be in LA!”

I mother grabbed my hand and lead me downstairs to the car.

The drive home was short and quite, until I arrived my mother sent me to my room and I began packing, only 2 more days until freedom.