I Trust You Wes...

A little while later Wes and I headed out, it was around 12am though we did not care. We passed my house and I got changed into jean shorts and a black tank top. I put on a blue acid washed sweater and laced up on black low tops. I walked downstairs to see Wes all ready to go down to the beach. I kind of wish I told Lexi I left, I pulled out my phone and texted her.

'Hey Lexi, sorry I left the party with Wes. We are heading down to the beach.'

I slipped my phone into my pocket and grabbed my skateboard.

"So what are we going to do now?" I asked Wes grabbing his hand.

"I don't know, fool around and throw you in the ocean?" he laughed.

"If you do that pretty face of yours won't be so pretty" I smirked as Wes jogged beside me.

We went down to the beach as my phone buzzed, it was Lexi.

'Ash be careful, the beach is a pretty powerful place and whatever you do. Do not fall for his charm, I know he's hot and all but you can't let him think you will do anything for him. DON'T FALL FOR HIM AGAIN!'

We headed down the beach as I replied,

'Don't worry it will be easy okay? Nothing is going to happen; we're just hanging out...'

'That's what you think... ' Lexi replied slyly.

Wes snatched my phone and shoved it in his back pocket,

"Hey that's my phone!" I snapped as Wes smiled.

"You've been looking down at your phone the whole night, now if you want it back then you better promise me you're not going to use it" he winked.

"You just want attention don't you? Now give me back my phone!"

"You promise?"

"Fine I promise" I groaned as he handed it back.

"Who were you texting?" Wes asked boldly.

"Uh just Lexi..." I winced.

"Like my EX Lexi?"

"Yeah were kind of friends now, is that a problem?" I asked sternly.

"As long as she's not with us all the time that's fine, it's just a little awkward I guess" he said biting his lip.

I had never seen Wes look nervous before, it was a side I was really unfamiliar with. I laid my skateboard down in the sand and walked off to the water. I took off my shoes and looked out to the messy reflection of the moon off the small waves rolling into shore. I sighed as Wes slapped his Blue 'Hi' snapback on my head, I blushed and looked away. Why did this make us so uncomfortable? Wes and I was always so confidant before, now it's like because we like each other and nothing is happening we feel uncomfortable.