Former Agent Simmons

Ironhide, Dino and Sideswipe were tucked away in a corner, discussing in hushed voices. Jolt, Ratchet and Q were in car mode, appearing to be resting.

Ruby hopped up onto Ironhide's shoulder, "What's going on?" she asked.

"We're just contemplating the use of the pillars," said Sideswipe,

"Yeah, it cannot be good news," said Dino.

Ironhide nodded in agreement, "It is past Sentinel's time, he seems unstable. We can only hope that Optimus can talk sense into him."

"I wonder what he'll make of me," said Ruby,

"I'm sure he'll think you're beautiful," said Sideswipe, before cracking up into hushed giggles.

"You know," said Ruby, jumping back to the floor and approaching him, "You are the most least likely, girly, warrior ever,"

Sideswipe's laughing stopped abruptly. He whipped out his two over-sized kitchen knives and slashed towards Ruby. She fell back on the floor to avoid being sliced in half as they whistled through the air.

"What did you call me?!" he demanded,

"Girly," repeated Ruby, "and a diva." She pushed his knife away and laughed.

"Ha!" roared Sideswipe, "You can talk, with all your fancy dresses and long gold hair,"

Ruby leapt back to her feet and, using her powers, bent Sideswipes arms away from her and around his back, like he was to be handcuffed,

"I am a girl, what's your excuse? Besides, who says you can't save the world and look good doing so?"

"Exactly," he agreed. Ruby dropped his arms and he put his knives away. Ruby dusted off the back of her dress.

"Seriously though, how long is your hair now?"

"No idea," said Ruby, "Feel free to measure it."

"Ok, I will, but first..."

Ruby let out a squeal and laughed as Sideswipe grabbed her with an iron fist and flipped her upside down so that her hair streamed towards the ground, "Hmm, I'd say it's at least two feet long, maybe more,"

"When you two have quite finished," said Ironhide disapprovingly.

Sideswipe put Ruby back on her feet and suppressed a snigger.

"Now," said Ironhide, "I also wonder what Sentinel will make of Ruby, I think it's safer for her if she stays out of his way for now, we don't want him breaking apart the NEST team if he disagrees with her existence."

Dino snorted, "She 'eez part of our family; we will protect her,"

"Aw, thanks Dino," said Ruby,

"That is not the point," said Ironhide, "The tension that it would create would be enough to prevent this unit from operating properly."

"Actually, I have an idea," said Ruby, "I want to visit Sam, I think there's more to his decepticon attack; I could look into it?"

Ironhide shifted his giant feet, "That's a good idea, I'll do my best to cover for you here, you know what Miss. Director is like,"

"Ok, it's settled then, I'll head out tomorrow morning, first thing."

"I'll drive you," said Dino.

Optimus and Sentinel drove back in the early hours of the morning, and did not question Dino's swift exit as soon as the sun was up.

"Hey there," said Sam, as he opened the door to let Ruby in, "What's up?"

"I've come to help," said Ruby, "I assume your pondering about those notes Dead Guy gave you?"