Epilogue

CRASH.

"Let me IN!"

Ruby twitched. She felt pressure on her left hand. The sound of crumpling metal split the air, and then:

"I warned you," grumbled Optimus, "I said I wanted to see her,"

"Ah, er, so you did," said a timid voice that sounded quite like Major Lennox, "Well, she's much better but she's still unconscious. Her wounds have started healing nicely, after the nasty infections were treated. Loss of blood was her main issue, the doc said there was no way she would recover even with immediate transfusions, but she's proved him wrong." The major's voice grew stronger.

"I'm relieved to hear it, Major," replied Optimus, his voice low and deep, giving the impression of humming.

"That bracelet was glued to her skin for several days, the doc tried to take it off her, which was the worst thing really-no don't worry! The bangle was never removed! He was informed in time!"

Ruby enjoyed listening to their conversation in her dream-like state. It did not bother her that she couldn't see or move much; being still and quiet was relaxing. Nice. Healing they had said. But she felt no pain. She felt happy, content. A cool touch to her left arm raised alarm, but it was as if she had been given a shot of energy. Movement was restored to her, and her blue eyes flew open.