Easier Said Than Done

Optimus was the last to reach their agreed meeting location.

"Shockwave's got my trailer, I need that flight tech," he said crossly.

"Oh no," said Ruby, shuddering at the mention of Shockwave, "I hope he didn't bring his big centipede pet,"

"I'm afraid so."

She felt her the blood drain from her face as she remembered the terrible noise the creature had made back in Chernobyl. 

"Guys," shouted Tyrese, "Over here!"

Ruby jogged over to where he and the others were crouched down.

"Look," said Tyrese, "A drone! it's still working!"

"Mearing, Lennox, I hope you can hear us!" said Sam into it, "Carly has some important information."

****

Back at the space base, Mearing's screen was suddenly filled with Carly's face, 

"The decepticon's are going to transport their planet here," she said, "Their control pillar is in a building with a dome opposite Trump tower on the south-east side, it has to be deactivated to prevent the teleport."

"Shipping their planet...what?" mumbled Mearing, astonished, "Simmons, get Lennox on the line!"

"Already done, ma'am," he replied.

"Don't call me that- ah, Major-"

She filled Major Lennox in and he was equally shocked to hear of the decepticon's true plan.

"Ok, well I've devised a way into the city," he explained, his image flickering on her screen, "A small team and I are going to wing-man in, so basically we're going up in small planes which will get us as close as possible to the city, then we'll jump."

"Good luck," said Mearing and he signed off.

"Can we not get any eyes in there at all?" exclaimed Simmons, "If there is one thing I know about that kid, it's that he is a big magnet for alien trouble!"

"I has an idea," piped up Dutch, "I could hack into the traffic cameras, if they're still working,"

"Excellent, do it!" barked Mearing.

Dutch tapped away at his keyboard for a short while, and soon enough, he pulled up at least a dozen different pictures from Chicago traffic cameras. They very clearly displayed all the terrible destruction, and no signs of life.

"Poor kid," murmured Simmons, "He probably won't even get close."

****

"You have a rocket launcher right, surely that's powerful enough to take out the control pillar?" asked Sam.

"Theoretically, but we're over eight blocks away, we'd have to get closer," explained Tyrese.

"Not closer," said Eddie, "Higher."

"What about that skyscraper there?" said Carly, pointing across the street,

"Yeah, I think that should do it," said Eddie.

"Except," Ruby cut in, "That Shockwave is right out there, looking for us."

"We need to distract him," said Ratchet, "We could all go in different directions; Shockwave can't go after us all at once then,"

"That's good," agreed Optimus, "Wreckers, if you could please create a diversion..."

"You got it." 

The three Autobots transformed and zoomed off, followed swiftly by Optimus, Bumble Bee and Ratchet.

"Wait, wait!" cried Q, "Quick, I'm not letting you go out there without my urban combat prototypes-" he dropped an array of objects on the floor, "-Those are boom sticks, armed in thirty seconds, and Grapple gloves, for climbing." 

Without explaining how they worked, he transformed and zipped after the others, leaving the team to pick up and examine their new devices.

"Ruby, are you going to go with these guys?" asked Dino.

"Yes, Optimus won't like it, but they need me," she replied.

Dino nodded and also left, his red paint shining like blood.

With Tyrese silently appointed the leader of their team, they waited for his signal to leave. They soon heard Shockwave, or more rather, his colossal pet, burrowing away through the road.

"Ok, let's move!"

The team jogged out into the open and got across the street with no incidents. The air blew hot across their faces and stunk of burning metal. Just as they reached the skyscraper, a resounding squeal came from the city center. Ruby automatically ducked, anticipating attack. Nothing came to get them, but the noise evolved into a digital ticking noise that  climbed in pitch and speed. 

"It's starting," breathed Carly.

"Come on guys, we need to hurry it up!"

They burst into the lobby of the skyscraper; Tyrese, Eddie and Ruby at were at the front while Sam and Carly brought up the rear. There was a horde of people hiding here and Ruby felt a pang of relief as they hurried up the stairs. At least some people were still alive.

"This floor," panted Tyrese, after they'd climbed about a thousand steps, "Look I can see the dome from here! Eddie, come on let's get the launcher ready."

The team navigated around the office chairs and desks to the window.

"They've found us!" cried Ruby.

"Good, we might need their help-"

"Not the Autobots, DECEPTICONS!"