Rescue Mission

"How is this possible?" asked Sam, "I saw your ship blow up,"

"We built the ruddy thing didn't we?" said one of the Wreckers with a heavy Irish accent, "We were hiding in the fifth rocket and splashed down in the ocean just as planned."

"Yes," Dino chuckled, "You cannot get rid of us that easily,"

"Now your leaders should understand," boomed Optimus, "The Decepticons will never leave your planet alone; they had to believe we were gone to see that." He drew himself up to his massive full height and his voice filled with pride, "We will never forsake this planet or its people. Today, we bring the fight to them, and we will kill them all."

The decepticon flying the now-crashed ship had gotten out of the cockpit and attempted to make a break for it.

"Wreckers," roared Optimus, "Kill him!"

The three Autobots closed in on it, leering.

"Now this is gonna hurt," said one, and they began to rip the decepticon apart, limb by limb, like a child might rip the wings off butterflies.

Sam turned to Ruby, "Have you seen Carly?" he asked desperately.

She shook her head, "Honestly Sam, I have been trying, so hard, but Trump tower is near the centre and I can't get close." She sat down and ripped the remains of her lower shirt off completely then used it as a bandage, wrapping it tightly around her badly burnt left arm. Part of her just wanted to hide behind her hair like a curtain and go to sleep, but she knew that was ridiculous.

A bout of dizziness caused her to stumble sideways into Tyrese when she got up, who steadied her.

"Whoa, careful there," he said, noticing the blood running from between his fingers where he had gripped her waist, "Has most of your skin just burnt off or something?"

"Something like that," replied Ruby with a weak smile.

"You need to rest, you're losing a hell of a lot of blood," he said seriously.

"I know, but what can I do?" said Ruby, "There aren't any proper doctors for miles, and to get there I'd need someone to drive me. Besides, we have to get Carly, and we have to bring down Sentinel and his stupid pillars or we're all going to die or end up slaves anyway, so just ignore it, I am."

"But-"

"She's right ok?" said Sam, "Now," he made his way to the fallen ship and examined it.

"It's not too badly damaged," said Ruby, joining him, "I've hit them with a lot worse than this and they've still carried on."

"Could you drive it?" asked Sam.

"Sorry, if I knew how to drive it, I would have been able to throw them all out of the sky ages ok,"

"Ruby," boomed Optimus, "Come here,"

Feeling like a naughty child, she shuffled over to stand by his big feet. He bent down and studied her with his bright eyes, "Hmm, what can you do Ratchet?"

Ruby was struck by an odd tingling sensation as Ratchet scanned a laser over her.

"Nothing," he concluded, "It is only the organic, thus biological, part of her body that is injured, I am sorry."

"That's ok," said Ruby, "I can cope, really."

Optimus didn't look convinced, but he must have remembered what she had not long said about them not really having any choice because he let the matter the drop. Ruby went back over to Sam by the ship, where he was arguing with Bumble Bee.