It's A Hello, But Is It A Goodbye?

CHAPTER 15

I arrived back in Mystic Falls and the first thing I did was go to the coffins. I ensured no one was following me, of course. I went down to the coffins and saw Damon. He was holding the dagger that was meant to be in Elijah's heart. He glared at me, but I shrugged it off. I sat down and stared at the coffins.

"Why are you here?" Damon asked me, coldly.

"I was Stefan's original partner in crime, but I see I've been replaced." I told him, casually. "I've been in Italy hunting down this pack of vampires calling themselves the Volturi. I left them alive because they amuse me. I kicked their leader's ass in combat. I did compel them to forget me though."

"Why did you stop us from killing Klaus?" Damon asked me. "I'm sure you had a decent enough reason for me to forgive you."

"Klaus had used the sire bond to make his hybrids kill you if you killed him." I told Damon. "The sire bond commands still last, even when the sire is dead if it works. I also had a chance to kill Mikael, so I did. You wanted me dead, but I saved your ass anyway. You should be thanking me."

"You stopped us from killing Klaus." Damon stated. "I could've handled the hybrids by myself and if you had've let Mikael live he would've helped me."

"Mikael would've left you for dead, Damon." I told him, angrily. "I knew Mikael and he was prepared to cut my head off because I stopped him from stabbing his own son. He's a vampire hunter and you're his prey. I was done with living in fear of him, anyway. It's not like I was the one who stopped you anyway. I killed Mikael, that's it. Get over it. You barely knew the guy and you're overly protective. Elena's making you into the new Stefan, bro."

"Speak of the devil." Damon muttered. "Stefan's calling me."

Damon answered and when he put his phone away he was freaking out. He looked at me, worriedly. I looked at the locked coffin and ran over to it.

"Klaus is coming. We don't even have three minutes." Damon told me, hurriedly.

"Give him the four coffins, just take Elijah's body out." I instructed. "I know where to hide this coffin, you hide Elijah's body."

I grabbed the locked coffin and took it to the Lockwood cellar. I took it through the tunnels until I got to the cave I couldn't enter. I pushed it in there then I ran back to the old house. I got there right as Klaus stormed in. I quickly opened Kol's coffin and stared at him. He looked so peaceful, but he didn't at the same time.

"Anna, Damon, nice to see you." Klaus said sarcastically. "I'll be taking my family back now. That means Kol too, Anna."

"Klaus, why do you keep them in the coffins?" I asked him, seriously. "Why don't you just tell them to leave you. I could have Kol, Sage could have Finn and Rebekah and Elijah would leave you alone. It would make all of this so much easier."

"I love them, Anna." Klaus told me. "I don't love them enough to keep them around though. I'm taking my coffins now."

I closed Kol's coffin and Klaus took them. Damon shot me a look of pity, but I ignored him. I went straight home and went to bed. I was still tired from my plane trip to Italy because I hadn't slept in two days. It would be really unhealthy if I wasn't a vampire.

***

I woke up at about five in the afternoon because someone was sitting on me. I looked and saw that it was Stefan. He was texting someone on his phone. I pushed him off me and sat up. I quickly fixed my hair before I got out of bed properly.

"We're having dinner at Klaus' with Elijah." Stefan told me. "By the way, you've been asleep for a day. I was told about the trip to Italy and figured that you hadn't slept in nearly three days. You need to get ready now because we have to be there at six."