You've Go To Step Up Your Game

CHAPTER 43

"Ugh, it's been like three days, Sebastian left and your plan clearly isn't working." I complained. "Just let me try. I'm telling you, I've been able to get numerous vampires to turn their emotions back on."

"Yeah, by sleeping with them." Damon stated. "Tell us how you're going to do it and we'll see."

"Fear." I stated. "Or pain. It depends on what type of mood I'm in. Your nostalgia thing didn't work, so let me try."

"No, Anna." Stefan denied. "You'll get angry and kill her."

"Exactly." I stated. "She knows I will and that's enough to make her fear me. Being here destroyed my chance of getting Sebastian back, so you owe me this."

"We don't owe you anything, Anna." Damon told me, coldly. "What's put you in a mood similar to Klaus'? I thought you wanted to help us."

"I've realized that I just want my family and friends back." I told him, showing no emotions. "I want my brothers and Kol and Klaus and Elijah. I want to have my family and I want to have Sebastian and one thousand years worth of mistakes gives me enough knowledge to know that we're all making one."

"Fine, go and try to scare her." Damon told me. "If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. We just had to get you angry enough first."

I walked downstairs and into the cellar. Elena was in the safe, so I pulled her out of it and ensured she couldn't escape.

She looked up at me and I realized exactly how weak she was. I could gently kick her and break all of her ribs. Throwing her up against the wall would break her spine.

"Go ahead, laugh at me." Elena insisted. "In the end, you're really just laughing at yourself because you are absolutely miserable and you don't have anything better to do."

"You know, I could kill you by driving my foot through your chest." I warned her. "You see, I'm not having a good day and my brothers fawning over you is making it worse. I would have much better things to do, like catch up with old friends, if it weren't for you. You see, I may like you better as a human, but I don't like you at all."

"You don't truly like anyone." Elena reminded me. "You didn't truly love Kol because your mind was on that Sebastian guy and now it's the other way around. You hate how human Caroline is and that's the same with Stefan and Damon."

I laughed and kicked Elena up and then against the safe. I rushed at her and held her by the throat.

"You don't know anything about me." I told her, coldly. "When you get your humanity back, I'll still hate you, even though though I'd prefer it. You see, my brothers were better off without you. Everyone is better off without you. Bonnie's mum wouldn't be a vampire, Vicki would be alive, Jeremy would be alive, Rick would be alive, the Mikaelsons and I never would've bothered and we could've stayed a family, my brothers and I would be a family and everyone anyone ever lost would be alive. I hate you, Elena Gilbert. There's nothing you can do that will change my mind and as soon as someone lets you out of here, I'm going to make your life a living hell, but when you beg me to end it, I'll laugh and compel you to keep living until I say so."

I threw Elena into the safe, threw vervain water on her and then locked the safe.

"Burn in hell, bitch!" I shouted.

I locked the cellar doors and walked upstairs. I grabbed a blood bag out of the fridge and then my brothers appeared in front of me. They didn't seem amused, which told me they had overheard my conversation with Elena.

I finished the blood bag and threw it in the bin. I then walked outside and they both followed me like little, lost puppies.

"We get it, she taunted you, but you can't say things like that." Stefan told me. "She'll want to keep her emotions off."