I Meet Lucifer At A Ritual

CHAPTER 44

I woke up and realized that today was the day I graduated.

I rolled out of bed and got changed into black jeans, my black converse and my new, black, Bring Me The Horizon Semperimental shirt which had the album Semperimental's symbol on it.

I walked downstairs and saw Kol talking to Sebastian. Kol was dressed in casual clothing where as Sebastian was wearing a suit with a matching tie.

"It's good to see that you two aren't trying to tear each others' throats out." I told them, smirking. "I do have to say that Sebastian looks much nicer than you, Kol."

"You're asking me to kill him." Kol threatened.

"And you're asking me to be sorry for sleeping with Klaus, so I guess neither of us get what we want." I told him, coldly. "I think we're even now."

"Why are you like this?" Kol asked me, annoyed.

"Like what?" I asked. "Sarcastic? Cold? Almost cruel?"

"Yes!" Kol sighed, becoming extremely annoyed.

"Maybe because you expect me to apologize for trying to move on so I wouldn't have to feel pain." I told him, coldly. "Or maybe you expect me to tell you how I feel so terrible and to cry in your arms. You know I can't feel sorrow or guilt and if I do, I'll end my own existence. I'm not going to apologize, nor am I going to cry. I'm going to graduate and move to New Orleans with Klaus and I'm going to unlock my demonic angel side and start it all again."

Kol looked at me, then smiled warmly. His brown eyes lit up with something that looked a hell of a lot like pride.

"There's the Anna I know." He stated. "Let's go get you to graduation. I promise I'll stay and watch and be the best boyfriend I can be with such little time."

***

I arrived at school and put on my cap an gown, over the top of my normal clothing.

I walked through the school to find Caroline, Matt, Stefan, Elena and Bonnie looking around for someone.

I looked back at Kol and Sebastian, who were going and taking their seats, which were next to each other.

"Sorry I kept you waiting." I apologized, joining my friends. "I've had some issues, but I've managed to fix them before I arrived."

"I can't believe it." Caroline told us. "We're actually all here. We are all here together! Bonnie Bennett, are you crying?"

"It's our last hurrah before you guys go off to college." She told us, tearing up.

"Before we go off to college." I corrected.

"I kind of, sort of missed the deadline." Elena told us. "You know, being an emotionless bitch."

"Well, the perks of being a vampire - we can go wherever we wanna go." Caroline told her, cheerily. "We can choose our own roommates. We could get a four people room!"

"I'm happy we're all here." Bonnie told us, smiling with tears in her eyes.

"Aw." Caroline muttered. "Group hug!"

"Ah, I don't - I don't hug..." Stefan and I muttered at the same time.

"Oh, get over yourselves!" Caroline sighed.

We all group hugged, but then Bonnie's dad started the graduation.

We all moved over to where we had to stand in line to get our certificates to say that we'd officially graduated.