How About No?

CHAPTER 34

I woke up and sighed. It was so early in the morning that the sun wouldn't be up until two hours later and I already had things to do. Today I was going to train the hybrids so when they have to fight, they actually have a chance of survival.

I got changed into my usual attire and then left the house and went to my car. Unfortunately, because I was training the hybrids, it had to be at Klaus' house so they could still attend to their duties. I had gotten Adrian to tell Klaus, knowing he would listen to him.

I pulled up at Klaus' house and walked around the back. All of the hybrids were there, but so was Klaus. Even Kimberly was here, which was a surprise because she really hated me right now. 

"Well, can we start training now?" Adrian asked me, hopefully.

"I request to speak to Anna first." Klaus told Adrian. "She'll want to come inside, out of the cold to warm up because it's awfully cold."

"Tyler, start doing warm ups." I instructed. "Do basic stretches and go for a lap of the yard and use your heightened speed. Do that until I come back."

I turned and walked into the house, leaving Klaus out in the cold. Unfortunately, he decided that he would follow me. 

I walked into Klaus' kitchen and sat on the bench. There was a half drunk cup of coffee next to me, so I finished that off.

"Well, what do you want, Klaus?" I asked him, impatiently. "I really should be getting back to training with the hybrids."

"Why are you training them?" Klaus asked me. "You were going to do it as a favor for me, making this extremely suspicious."

"Ah, so the hybrids were smart enough not to tell you." I stated, smirking. "Yesterday Kimberly put me in an awkward position as she wanted to become Alpha of the hybrid pack. I had to make them all submit to me, but then I stepped down. I decided that I would advise and train them after they welcomed me into the pack. It's all strictly business, although, they are hiding something from me."

"Anna, I've tried to call you and track you down, but it's been like you've been missing." Klaus told me. "I have needed to speak to you, lately. I was trying to make things better and I was wondering of you would at least move back in."

"How about no?" I suggested.

I finished off the coffee and walked outside. All of the hybrids had just completed a lap of the yard and they were all panting.

"If you're so unfit that you're tired you may as well leave." I told them. "You should be able to finish that lap in around five seconds and you shouldn't be tired. Go for another five laps to work on your endurance. It should keep you warm, too."

The hybrids all started the laps again and Klaus stood beside me, watching them. I turned and glared at him and he had a sad look on his face. Normally I would feel bad, but right now it was making me feel better.

"Anna, could we please just talk about this." Klaus begged. "Come inside and sit down. I can get you a bottle of bourbon."

"If you still cared about me, you would know I'm trying to cut down on the alcohol, especially in the morning." I told Klaus, coldly. "I'm going to run laps now."

I took off and easily passed all of the hybrids twice. I knew that some of them really needed something to keep them going and I knew competition would help them.

The hybrids finished, but before I could say anything to them, Klaus decided to interrupt the training and speak. 

"You guys need a little competition." Klaus told them. "You guys can do five laps and Anna and I will do fifteen, without any head starts. Whoever finishes first will be declared the winner. On your marks. Get set. Go!"