Chapter 3

Days passed, suddenly it turned into weeks, and Jude was still nowhere in sight. I throw my body on the back of the taxi I called and told him to take me back to the hotel. I've looked almost everywhere and I still can't find Jude. I've been crying myself to sleep every night and waking up as tired and depressed as I did the day before, expect for that one day, when everything started good, until I remembered.

*~*~*

I slowly wake up to the beaming light coming through the window and I smile. I lay there smiling. Just smiling and thinking how everything is great. I roll to the side to hug Emma, until I notice Emma is not there besides me. I also realize Jude is not on his crib next to our bed. In fact, not even the crib is there. Then I realize I'm not home. I'm in a hotel room. Alone. The smile washes away from my face as I remember all that has happened. I need to keep being a dad even though, right now, I have no one to take care of in a dad way. Because my son is not here. Nor is the woman I love. A tear rolls down my cheek but I quickly wash it away and close my eyes, trying to go back to sleep and forget everything, but its too late already. I've been sleeping much more than usual, because the only moment I don't feel the pain of not having Jude, or forgetting I don't have him, is when I'm sleeping. It's like nothing ever happened and I'm only alive in my dreams. And Jude is with me when I'm sleeping. Also Emma. But then I wake up and I realize it was my mind playing tricks on me, and all the pain comes back to me.

*~*~*

I look out the window of the cab and pin my headphones to my Spotify playlist. A few songs past until I see the hotel come into view. Why am I living in a hotel when I have a house? That house has too many memories. Of
Emma, Jude, and from when we were once happy and, more importantly, together.

________

Short and shitty I know but i've been super busy lately. I'll post as many chapter as I can this week because we have free week from school!!