Chapter 5

Emma and I quickly run to the terminal, as we're already late to the plane, because Emma wanted to buy some chips and chocolates because this was going to be a really long trip. I'm grateful we stopped to buy food, because without it we wouldn't survive. First we had to go from Australia to Spain, and then from Spain to Canada. We needed to stay a full day in Spain because there were no other flights by the time we arrived for a whole 24 hours because some flights got cancelled, so I rented a hotel room for us to get a good sleep while waiting for the other flight.

We arrive to the aborting desk as soon as they were about to close the plane doors, and relief washed over me as they let us go in. Once we were in, and settled I wait impatiently for the plane to leave, because as much as I have traveled, the take off started scaring me to death, because while on tour once, the plane almost crashed on the takeoff. Soon, I feel the plane move and I close my eyes in terror. I hate this part. Soon the place is racing and starts ascending. As the plane rises I start breathing fast and grab my seat's handle, but noticing it was Emma's hand I was holding. Not the arm rest. I don't mind at the moment and grip tightly at it, almost crushing her hand. As soon as the plane is safely on the sky, I look at our intertwined hands and quickly pull away, as I feel my face flush in embarrassment. She squirms uncomfortably in her seat, and I want to kick myself. Why did I do that?!

"Sorry for... You know, grabbing your hand?" I apologize while rubbing the back of my neck, trying to make the situation less awkward.

"Its, um, its fine. Really. Don't worry about it. All good" She tells me with a shy small smile. God how I missed her smile. Her lips. Her kiss. I quickly shook my head and make those thoughts quickly vanish. We're traveling to find Jude. Not to fall in love again. Stay concentrated Luke... But we wouldn't be falling in love again, well at least not me, because I never stopped loving her, and I still do. A tingling crawls down my spine as I think about love. Love. I still lover her, after everything she's done, and hopefully she loves me too, after everything I've done to her.

I connect my headphones to the mini tv in front of my seat, wanting a distraction from this long flight. A long flight with Emma beside me. I pass the rows of movies on the screen, until I find a movie that catches my attention, 'The DUFF'. Cool name for a movie.

I'm already half way through the movie, and its actually a really funny and awesome movie. When I look back to Emma, I notice that she's fast asleep. Wow, we've only been flying for nearly an hour and a half. I smile as I watch her chest rise and fall as she breathes calmly. A few minutes after, I feel someone turning and gripping at my arm. I turn to see Emma squirming in her seat while tugging desperately at my sleeves, with a frown over her eyebrows, and I can hear soft whimpers come out of those beautiful lips of her. I put my thumb in between her furrowed eyebrows and try to ease it, but it doesn't go away. I see tears slipping out of he closer eyes and I decide to shook her shoulders and wake her up. After I whisper her name a few times in her ear, and gently shooks, she waked up alarmed and in a state of panic. I look down at her and she hugs me tightly when she realizes it was just me. I slowly wrap my hands around her tiny body and I feel her sob against me. This only makes me hug her tighter.

"Hey its alright... Its just me. Don't worry" I whisper quietly in her ear and after a few minutes, her sobs ceased, and I decide to ask whats wrong, but its like she reads my mind before I can even open my mouth.

"I need to explain now, huh?" She said and I chuckle.

"Yeah. You do"