Chapter 6

I look at her still waiting for an explanation. She sighs and buries her face between her palms.

"Do I really have to?" She says with pleading eyes but I choose to ignore them.

"Yes" I tell her holding my ground. Even though we're not in the best terms I still love her and worry about her.

"But its a really long story" She says and I laugh.

"We're in a pretty long flight. We have time" I tell her and she chuckles.

I listen carefully to what she tells me, everything she went through when we broke up while I was on tour. All the one night stands, the drugs, the alcohol, the clubs, the shitty apartment she lived in, about how they took Jude away from her and how she wasn't even able to say goodbye or look at him before they took him. How she got home and realized he was just gone. She told me everything about the men she slept with, and the ache in my chest increasing as she tells me in detail her stories about her one night lovers, that is until she tells me about the man who called his friends, and one by one abused of her, sexually and physically. She showed me the bruises on her back and breasts and I ball my fists to contain my anger. She tells me how shes been having this nightmares about that night almost every time she fell asleep. She told me she hasn't been sleeping because she's afraid of what she sees when she closes her eyes. She tells me she feels the night is restarting all over again. She feels the beatings all over again. Tears slip out of her eye and I quickly wipe them away before they get to her chin and as soon as they leave her eyes. When she finishes the story she quickly wipes her cheeks and looks at me with a smile.

"I feel relieved now that I told someone. I feel better" She tells me and for once in a long time, I can see a spark of happiness in her eyes, even if its just a little weak spark, its there, and it warms my heart.

I have this urge to hug her, but I decide against it because we're not in the best terms right now, but I hope we can fix our issues before this trip is over. We quickly get disconnected from everything as we get lost in conversation about random topics. It feels like nothing ever happened between us and that we're completely okay. I look at her carefully and take every single detail of how much she has changed since the last time I saw her before the tour. She looks tired and drained in ever way, like she aged a couple of years in this couple of months, but she still looks like the most gorgeous woman in the whole wide world to me.

*~*~*~*~*

The food cart starts to pass and I feel my stomach turn in hunger. I wait for the cart to pass and when its finally close I turn to see if Emma wants anything, but shes still fast asleep.

"Will you want anything? We have chicken pasta and steak with mushrooms" The young flight attendant tells me with a smile.

"2 chicken pastas. One for me and for her please" I tell her motioning to Emma. She smiles and nods.

"Your girlfriend?" She asks me and I chuckle.

"I wish" I tell her and she laughs while handing me the 2 trays of food.

"Anything to drink?" She asks me and I tell her just 2 cups of water. She gives them to me and goes on with the rest of the aisle.

I quickly finish the chicken pasta which was surprisingly not disgusting and good for airplane food. Once I finish everything on the tray I look at Emma and see her slowly flutter her eyelashes. She looks around like a lost puppy and I smile at myself. Shes gorgeous.

"Good morning" I tell and she smiles while sitting on her airplane seat. "Are you hungry?"

"Yes" She tells me and I pull put the mini table the seat in front of us has and put the tray of food in front of her. She smiles and picks up the fork and knife. "Thanks Luke" She tells me before digging in.

When she finishes she looks at me and laughs.

"I'm so full Luke" She tells me while looking down at her food baby bump and I laugh when she starts poking it. We talk a little and when I look back at Emma she's sleeping again.

"Sleep princess" I tell her while caressing her cheek and I lay a kiss on top of her head before she turns to cuddle to my chest and I wrap my hands around her tiny body and smile down at her. "You're so gorgeous. My princess" I mumble against her hair and kiss her forehead.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Emma's POV

I dig in on the food. I was starving. I feel Luke's eyes on me as I eat but I shrug it off and keep eating. After I finish I'm super full.

"I'm so full Luke" I tell him giggling looking and poking at the baby belly I got because of how much I ate. Luke looks at laughs at me and I look at him smiling. We talk a little and I feel myself slowly falling asleep. I adjust myself and try to sleep. I think Luke notices because I hear him say something.

"Sleep princess" He tells me and I smile and feel that familiar burning at the bottom of my stomach and my cheeks heat up. He lays a kiss at the top of my head and I turn to cuddle at his chest. He wraps his big arms around my tiny and fragile body and I inhale his familiar scent that I was starting to miss. "You're so gorgeous. My princess" He tells me and I smile. I missed this. I missed him. I still love him. I wish he can forgive me for the mistakes I made, and I hope I can forgive him for his.