"We make a great team out there"

Hey guys! This one goes out to GigglingWitch who motivated me through her beautiful comment to keep posting on wattpad. I'm surprised too guys. But seriously though, girl you are amazing and insanely sweet and the reason why I decided to bring this over from fanfic.net. So a few people have liked my work enough to ask for a sequel (something I am still amazed at) but unfortunately no can do for a sequel. I don't even know what I would write! So I will post one-shots on this work and you guys can pm me or review with anything you want me to write. A reviewer on ff.net asked for a protective Bucky moment a while back but unfortunately, I couldn't really make that happen then, so here it is. I hope you guys enjoy!

You know being a Demigod sucks when you get attacked by a kraken and all you wanted to do was visit your dad's underwater palace.

In their defense, Bucky and Percy just didn't want to bother the dolphins that day and go by themselves. Taking the long scenic route sounded like fun and for the most part, it actually was. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way, they ended up stumbling upon a kraken. Yes, you read that correctly. A freaking kraken!

Fighting underwater was a pretty different experience, not one that Percy was too used to, but it was definitely fun dodging tentacles and manipulating the water around them. He and Bucky made a pretty good team, watching the other's back and blocking hits that could potentially knock the other out.

Well, it was fun up until he nearly bashed his brains out on a rock after being thrown back by one of its tentacles and being held down by it so he couldn't move or reach his sword. Riptide had fallen a few metres away and had yet to reappear in his pocket. With the way his head was spinning, he wasn't even entirely sure what he would do with it once he got his sword back. After all, being pinned by a giant tentacle tended to limit one's options.

Maybe it was the blood loss, or the blurred vision which the huge tentacle was not helping with, but he wasn't entirely sure what happened next. All he was definitely sure of was that Bucky unleashed hell upon the kraken.

He felt a surge of anger filled power, power he identified as Bucky's, and felt the sea bed shaking. A wave of pure unbridled fury washed over him and he blacked out for a minute. The next thing he knew, the weight holding him down had vanished and there was a lot of ichor floating around them, mixing with the water and turning it a dull gold.

His brother came to help him up, and taking his hand, Percy could practically feel the suppressed rage that kept his brother so tense. A line of the old great prophecy came to mind, Olympus to preserve or raze. His brother had completely, utterly, destroyed the kraken and it had most definitely been a painful death.

"You- you know I'm fine right?-" Percy started, unsure of what exactly to say when his brother was still so clearly pissed.

"Not sure if you're aware, but on the scale of everything is messed up, 'I'm fine' is the worst. Dammit, I should've been covering you better! I could've, I don't know, focused its attention on me or something." Bucky's voice was tense, a mix of anger, frustration and, yep, self-blame.

And hell to the no. Percy had been down that road and it was not pretty. "Dude there was literally no way that you could've done anything. No seriously, unlike a certain genius who pilots a metal suit, last I checked, you can't make calculations for everything or prepare for every single possibility. Things happen."

"Not like this if I have anything to do with it punk." Bucky mumbled. "Took out that damned kraken way too quickly and easily. It should have felt the real anger of a son of the sea."

"I have a feeling we should probably put off meeting dad-" Percy began before he was cut off.

"Nope. We're definitely going after this. You're getting some ambrosia and nectar and Triton and I are teaching you to fight underwater without getting pinned by huge tentacles. Any objections? No? Good."

"But Triton hates me..." Percy was aware he was practically whining but considering the fact that he was 110% sure the twin tailed mermaid hated him, he was more than willing to avoid this meeting for as long as possible.

"Don't care. 'Sides, he's not that bad once you get to know him." Great. Bucky clearly wasn't taking no for an answer. Dang it.

Percy still want entirely sure how that led to spending a week at his father's palace and actually becoming friends with Triton, who, huh, apparently did not entirely hate his guts. He suspected that had more to do with Bucky threatening to beat his ass into next week if he continued being a douche though, even if it didn't sound like that much of a threat and more of an inside joke. It was still strange to have him actually be nice to him.

Besides techniques for fighting underwater, Percy also learnt not to leave Bucky and Triton alone for too long. It generally resulted in a prank fest worse than Tony and Clint's. Yes, it was possible and after being on the receiving end of their pranks over five times, Percy figured it was safer not to leave them alone for too long, or let Bucky near Steve's art supplies after the incident with the giant squid and octopus ink. Don't ask because there was no way he was letting his mind go over there again. Once was enough when he was explaining to his father why everyone was in hiding for three days straight. He shuddered to think of what else they would come up with because he was sure it would be as mentally scarring as the last incident. Damn, since when was this his life?