Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy

Ok so this one goes out to a guest on ff.net, pjoandhoo who asked for Percy to be stranded somewhere with Bucky and another random Avenger. Not entirely sure if this is what you want but I hope it lives up to your expectations. Btw, I still have that chapter on civil war with a pissed off and extremely powerful Percy. Also, would you guys like to see when Bucky met Percy for like the first time? Cos I wrote that already. It's a lot of fun to write two or the things at the same time. Who knew right? So read, enjoy and review guys!

They all blamed this hot mess on Justin Hammer. The man's incompetence really had no limits. In his latest attempt to recreate the iron man suit, he ended up creating giant robots that proceeded to terrorise New York because of "absolute idiots being allowed to program them" in Tony's words.

The Avengers naturally had to suit up and deal with previously stated hot mess. And it had been such a nice lazy day too. Snarky comments were exchanged over the comms as they all joked and laughed while dealing with the drones Hammer had made. Bucky and Percy were both on the ground with Tony occasionally joining them, trying to get civilians to safety.

That was just about when a drone decided to focus its most definitely unwanted attention on a school bus full of children. The three didn't even need to make a plan of action. Bucky took the drone head on and Percy focused on getting the kids to safety while Tony alternated between the two, eventually just scaling the metal monstrosity and yanking at stray wires in a way only engineers were capable of without blowing anything up, taking it down just as the last child was herded to a safer place with the teacher. That was probably why none of them expected a second drone to appear out of nowhere and slam Percy into a building with said school bus.

Tony very happily blasted the robot with his repulsors, unfortunately just as it activated some kind of self destruct, giving off an EMP strong enough to bring down the armor, rendering it useless for the time being. Hitting the manual release, he followed Bucky into the building making it through just as it collapsed.

In the dim light they could barely make out an unconscious Percy. He had hit a desk and had been knocked out. The irony of the scene was present in the fact that the same bus that put him here in the first place kept most of the debris off him. The Fates truly had a twisted sense of humor.

~line break~

Percy forced his eyes open, groaning as it sparked flashes of pain before his eyes. His head felt like it was about to split open and it was all he could do not to lose consciousness again. He was propped up against the wall, or what was left of it at least, and he could feel a wet stickiness on his shirt which was accompanied by a sharp pain in his abdomen. His mind was groggy and he could barely register the fact that Bucky and Tony were in the room with him.

"B'cky?" His tongue was lead in his mouth, he could hardly form the words. He didn't have to though, his brother's hand was resting on his shoulder by the time he forced out his name.

"Percy? Can you hear and understand me?" He continued when Percy nodded. "The bus really did a number on you. I'm not sure how bad the damage is. I'm serious now, on a scale of one to ten, how much does it hurt?"

Tony snorted when Percy's reply was six. "That means it's at least a nine if not more. It's gonna be a while before they can get us out. Any chance you can do your demigod thing and heal him a bit?"

"Demigod thing? Are you serious right now? The one person who refuses to believe in practically any kind of magic saying it's just unexplored science? Really Stark?" Bucky sighed then add he looked at his younger brother. "Unfortunately my 'demigod thing' requires water and I can't sense any. Too much dust. Can't do anything for him just yet."