#Teamwork

Sup guys. I'll have you know that this time I didn't delay too much in posting the chapter here from ff.net. I literally just finished it last night. Not that you care I suppose. Oh well. I stuck an Oc in here cos I couldn't be bothered searching for a cannon villain. I like him though. He's sassy. Should any of you bother commenting on this chapter, do let me know what you thought of him would you? Enjoy!
Sorry I think that was unnecessarily mean. My apologies. Well, this is the updated version. Should you read it you should know that I prefer this version.

Finding that off shoots of HYDRA still existed was not news that any of the Avengers Tower's residents welcomed. It made them even angrier to find that Fury had ever so conveniently forgotten to mention it and it was only picked up on by Jarvis during one of Tony's routine hacks into SHIELD.

Percy was also ever so slightly pissed when Steve said he and the twins should stay back at the tower. That they probably wouldn't be necessary. Steve honestly should have expected the blowout.

"Right, stay back while you risk your lives. Stay back when you don't have the assistance of either of our Norse gods, when Bruce is somewhere in India so you don't have the luxury of calling in the hulk for backup. Do you really expect any of us to comply? This is the organisation that tortured Bucky, nearly killed Pietro and damaged SHIELD almost irreparably. We're going with you and I'd like to see you try and stop us."

Steve helplessly looked at the others for some sort of support on this. Tony, Bucky and Clint all snorted at the idea. As if Percy would willingly stay behind, honestly did Steve even know the demigod in question? "Birdbrain here taught him how to fly the quinjet. He'd just follow us of he had to," Tony added oh so helpfully.

"Gear up, then." Steve had a bad feeling about this mission though. He shook it off, knowing that no one would listen should he forbid Percy and the Maximoffs from coming.

◇◆◆◇

Wanda had a habit of holding grudges, it was something she willingly admitted. She didn't like people hurting the ones she loved and HYDRA had a bad habit of doing just that. So reaching the Alaskan outpost, she was most definitely looking forward to seeing the place razed.

She, Percy and Pietro made an amazing team when they worked together, each one complimenting the other's movements. They moved as a single unit, although each had extremely different fighting styles, yet somehow, it worked. On missions like this it was generally better for the team to split up so Tony would scout ahead in the suit, spending an equal amount of time on the ground and in the air, Bucky and Clint would take a higher ground mostly, covering them. The rest of them split up into at least two teams with Steve and Nat teaming up and the the of them together. Today was no different and they all cautiously made their way into the base.

They were met almost immediately with well trained soldiers who aimed to kill first, ask questions never. Percy instinctively erected an ice shield around them while Wanda used her telekinesis to grab their guns and Pietro knocked them out.

They barely had time to catch their breath before a second group of soldiers were upon them and attacking from all directions. It was complete pandemonium as they fought, the narrow corridors making their job far harder then it would have been under normal circumstances. But they were holding their own pretty well against them considering their level of training. Well, until a small hiss could be heard and the entire corridor filled with gas.

Distracted as they were, they didn't realise the danger until it was too late and they were already falling to the ground.

◇◆◆◇

Percy forced his eyes open, groaning at the pounding in his head. He quickly realised his hands were bound tightly by rope, not enough to cut off circulation, but tight enough to be uncomfortable. Pietro was already awake, far less disoriented than he was. At Percy's confused glance, the white haired teenager shrugged.