Getting To Know Minho (5)

You sat down while Newt got all the food. Frypan left once he cooked it, to go see Alby. Something important in the kitchen. You sigh, waiting.

"What's wrong?" Minho asks.

"I'm so bored. I need a book."

"Oh. Why don't you go to Alby and request it? I'm sure he'd let you." Minho says.

"I don't want to go alone." You say, and lean back into the seat.

"Such a girl thing to say. I'll go with you. I'd like to read the book too." He says.

"It's nothing bad, and innocent novel will be fine. I like those most. I remember reading them. That's pretty much it. I can't remember what I read, but I feel like once upon a time I did." You say, and folding your arms below your chest. "It's nice out today." You say, letting the breeze whip across your face. Minho nods in a agreement.

"It's pretty hot out there." He says, pointing to the now closing walls.

"What is it?" You ask.

"It's a Maze."

"How come no one else like , Chuck goes in it?" You ask.

"Runners only."

"Oh. Is it hard? Running all day, I mean." You ask.

"It's alright. Nothing to look forward to. Nothing fun. Really dangerous too." He says, and watches Frypan cook.

"That sounds boring."

"Better than gardens."

"Most likely." You agree. After a minute you ask, "When will my book come once I request it?"

"Supplies sent up two weeks ago, so in about a week if you request it now." He says.

"When do we get another new kid?"

"In a month." He says.

"Do I annoy you?" You ask after a minute, smiling. His face looked annoyed, and he sounded it too.

"You're alright. Not annoying like Chuck. You're just a Greenie." He says shrugging. "You're cool though."

"You hardly know me, you can't say I'm 'cool' or 'annoying' or 'lame'." You say.

"Well I sort of know you, which means, I can." He says.

"You're annoying." You say. He chuckles.

"I'm meant to annoy you." He says.

"Can I be meant to annoy you?"

"I think you are." He says.

"Great!"

"You shanks are getting along. In a way." Newt says, carrying three plates of food.

"Yeah. She's cool. Annoying, but pretty cool." Minho says, starting to eat the food from Newt. You take your food and slowly start eating the sandwich.

"He's annoying. But cool. But pretty annoying." You say. You listen as they talk about jobs and stuff. You didn't feel like talking any more. So when you were done you set the plate on the counter, wished them both a good night, and ran to your hammock.